This feels right:
Here are your highlights for today:
- The NCAA Freaking Tournament: There are four more games today to determine the second quartet of teams that will join Albany, Maryland, Notre Dame, and Ohio State in the quarterfinal round. This is kind of important. All of College Crosse's NCAA Tournament coverage is housed right here, but if you're looking for specific previews for today's games, here are direct routes to your destination:
- Johns Hopkins-Virginia: The day will open with arguably the most balanced first round game of the weekend. The winner advances to play the victor of Marist-Syracuse in Annapolis.
- Brown-Denver: Peter Barton will feature stylistic dissonance this afternoon, a wonderful contrast in approach and methodology. The winner will face Ohio State at Mile High Stadium next weekend.
- Colgate-North Carolina: The Tar Heels are the favorite, but the Raiders are playing their best ball of the season right now. The winner will move on to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium next weekend to take on Maryland.
- Marist-Syracuse: The Red Foxes have some excellent pieces, but can those pieces come together in a way that screws up the Orange's brain? Syracuse is a heavy favorite, yet Notre Dame held a dominating win probability against Towson on Saturday and ultimately slipped past the Tigers. The victor draws a date with the Johns Hopkins-Virginia winner in Annapolis next weekend.
Here's Sunday's full schedule. Please let me know if there are errors. I'll fix/populate links to live stats and video as the day progresses (if necessary).
|UNSEEDED // AWAY||SEEDED // HOME||TIME (ET)||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Johns Hopkins||Virginia||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPNU|
|Brown||Denver||3:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPNU|
|Colgate||North Carolina||5:15 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPNU|
|Marist||Syracuse||7:30 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPNU|
This is your open thread for Sunday. Tell your mother I said, "Hi." People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.