This feels right:
Here are your highlights for today:
- The NCAA Freaking Tournament: Attendance at the national semifinals has hovered around 30,000 folks the last three years, the count at the gate remaining somewhat static in Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Foxborough. Inside Lacrosse's Terry Foy -- a cat that would know such things -- was hearing estimates in the 20,000 range as of last night, and that's not a good thing: Johns Hopkins and Maryland are right next door to Philadelphia (Baltimore is only 106 miles from Philly; College Park is a manageable 133-mile roll to the Sixth Borough) and have all kinds of incentive to attend; Notre Dame has an active and prominent alumni base, a built-in potential to increase butts-in-seats; and Denver's pursuit of a national championship should raise the interest of casual fans. So, will Lincoln Financial Field hold the line today or will Semifinal Saturday experience a decrease in its vitality? Regardless of attendance considerations, here's everything you could possibly need to earn a B.A. in Genius from the University of Intelligence:
- Denver-Notre Dame: Do you guys like things? If so, you'll like this thing.
- Johns Hopkins-Maryland: Johns Hopkins is playing the best ball of its season at the right time of the year but the Terps' defense remains a suffocating force. What does a porn star think about the game? She's going with Maryland (this is a litmus test for the strength of the lacrosse prognostication abilities of a porn star).
- THE FACEOFF: Pictures beat readin'.
- Win and Good Times Probabilities: Pioneers-Irish and Jays-Terps are frighteningly tight games, at least from an expectation standpoint. All of the teams probably feel like they have a decent shot at the national championship, and the math supports those positions.
- Everything Else: Tons of words were written this week. If you're looking for something related to today's games, it's probably in our NCAA Tournament hub. Included in the hub are College Crosse's Philadelphia visitor's guide, Final Four playlists, beer selections, and a tailgating menu. It's content that you crave.
Here's Saturday's full schedule. Please let me know if there are errors. I'll fix/populate links to live stats and video as the day progresses (if necessary).
|(1) Notre Dame
|VIDEO // ESPN2
|VIDEO // ESPN2
This is your open thread for Saturday. It's party time. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.