First, the good news:
The 2013 Season is over (sadly). I am returning to the Twitter sphere! Went cold turkey, did not look at any tweets for five months!— John Danowski (@John_Danowski) May 31, 2013
This had slipped through the cracks a little bit. Danowski is the best college coach on the Twitter machine. It's not even close. Sure, I like other coaches on the Twitter machine (Gerry Byrne is a close second behind Danowski in the coaches-tweeting-things index), but I love Dino's updates. To wit:
- The Laser-Focused and Complex Coaching Mind of Duke Head Coach John Danowski
- John Danowski is Offbeat, Loves the Backbeat
- It's Like I Don't Even Know You Anymore, John Danowski
- John Danowski Has Important Feelings About Sunday's Big Sporting Event
- John Danowski Has Big Dreams
- John Danowski is a Long Island Boy and Don't You Forget It
This is fantastic, and today's dispatch from the Duke head coach confirms that fact:
Driving into work! Top Down No more rain! Tom Petty on the radio!— John Danowski (@John_Danowski) June 11, 2013
This got me thinking: What would Danowski look like driving into work with the top down and the sun shining while listening to Tom Petty? Danowski didn't tweet a picture of his commute -- probably for the best, as that's dangerous and I don't want him to take a hospital-ordered break from Twitter while they repair his neck after getting into an accident while tweeting -- but College Crosse's graphics department put together a rendering of what it may have looked like:
Some brief notes on this:
- I agree that Danowski likely drives a convertible with flames painted on the sides. He seems like that kind of guy. It's encoded in a Long Islander's DNA to put flames on vehicles, including convertibles and motorized coolers.
- It seems somewhat dangerous to drive a car that has two asymmetrical and non-circular wheels. It also seems dangerous that the wheels do not appear attached to the vehicle in any way.
- Danowski is wearing a standard-issue blue Duke long sleeve shirt (his hands are apparently covered in blue paint as well) and pirate hat. Yaaar!
- It does not appear safe to drive at these speeds -- do you see the speed lines?! -- while not looking at the road, instead turning sideways to wave to the side of the road. This is especially tragic, as the road looks woefully uneven.
- Eat your heart out, Bob Ross, with respect to that happy little tree.
Great things lie ahead, you guys.