*Ed. Note: We're still tinkering with the weekend format and hopefully adding another writer soon, but for now here's a general recap of what happened over the weekend and topics I hope to discuss with Ryan on the Crossecast tomorrow evening (we're doing our favorite songs to run to for tomorrow's playlist so send us your picks and we'll add 1 or 2).*
I have horrible handwriting! Aggregation coming tomorrow.
Conference Bragging Rights.
- THUNDERDOME back! UMass and Hofstra merit all the praise they've gotten for their big wins over OSU & UNC, respectively. The CAA also saw Towson hold its own against Mount St. Mary's. Nice weekend for the conference, as many voters have at least 2 out of those 3 in their top 20 polls.
- NEC. Lowkey, the NEC had a great weekend. While Wagner lost on Friday, the conference saw five teams win on Saturday. Hobart, Bryant, and St. Joe's all had nice victories. Moreover, the conference has a chance for a couple more wins tomorrow when Mount St. Mary's takes on Richmond and Wagner goes up against Monmouth.
- Ivy League. Besides the CAA and the NEC, the Ivy was another conference that had a great Saturday. Penn held off Michigan, while both Yale and Brown took care of business against UMass Lowell and Quinnipiac, respectively. Princeton took it to NJIT as well.
- Big Ten. A pretty good weekend for the Big Ten. Maryland survived against High Point, while Rutgers had a B1G win over Army. Rutgers over Army gives the Big Ten 3 wins against the Patriot League this year if you are keeping track at home.
Moreover, Penn State won a really great game up in Cornell. The Big Ten is probably the second best conference top to bottom right now. *Dodges fruit from the multiple crowds.*
- ACC. UNC certainly caught an L on Saturday. However, I believe the loss says more about how undervalued Hofstra was in the preseason than it does about whether or not UNC is a bad team. Hofstra had multiple players named to the 2016 Preseason All-CAA team, including the Preseason CAA Player of the Year, Sam Linares. This looks like a good Hostra squad that was probably under everyone's radar. The L is disconcerting if you are a Heels fan but I am not ready to jump off the ship just yet.
Nevertheless, let's not let the issue of where to rank UNC draw too much attention away from the really important thing we learned this weekend which was that my Michigan beating UNC pick was more of a timing issue than it was my picking capabilities. *Multiple apples fly by Eri's ear.*
Denver beat Duke and the Irish took care of business against the Hoyas. UVA is back on track after defeating Drexel. Syracuse blasted Albany yesterday.
- Great weekend for Philly Teams (®). 5 out of 7 on the Philly Board on Saturday!
- Polls. LOTS of #HotTakes being bandied about and we gotta review.
- The America East. Is the AE the 3rd best conference right now? Lord knows all I do is shout about Vermont (they unloaded on Holy Cross on Saturday). But Hartford decided to shake up D1 when they dropped Boston U. this weekend and suddenly this conference has 4 really solid teams. Stony Brook v. Brown IN LONG ISLAND, might be the game of the day on Saturday.
- Loyola. I figured enough was written about the People's Champ that I didn't need to witter on here, but we definitely need to touch on the hottest team in D1 tomorrow.
- Oscars and Broad City. Emily Blunt was robbed and deserved a nomination for Sicario. I gave up my soul for this #LaxGame but I did catch up on Broad City! Great to have Ilana and Abbi back! #BroadCityIsTheSecondBestComedyRightNowBesidesVeepDontAtMe