This feels right:
Here is your highlight for today:
The Friggin' Tournament: This is it -- Semifinal Saturday. There isn't a bigger date on the calendar, save for Memorial Monday. Two teams are looking for their first titles ever, another is looking to break and almost 40-year drought, and the fourth is poised to ruin everybody else's dreams. Get yourself squared away before the accelerator is punched:
- A special semifinal round edition of THE FACEOFF.
- Food and drink to make your Semifinal Saturday the best ever.
- Words about Denver-Duke. Is this a Duke coronation or the flare that signals Denver's power?
- Words about Maryland-Notre Dame. At least one ACC team is going to the finals thanks to this thing.
- Semifinals stategories! Learn a little something to make your afternoon one where you dance with genius.
- Totally accurate predictions for the semifinals round. Hand to God: This crap is happening this weekend.
Here's Saturday's full schedule. If there are errors, please let me know. I'll fix/populate links to live stats and video as the day progresses (if necessary).
|UNSEEDED||SEEDED||TIME (ET)||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|(5) Denver||(1) Duke||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPN2|
|(7) Maryland||(6) Notre Dame||3:30 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPN2|
This is your open thread for Saturday. Blood will fall from the sky as we all watch the carnage on television. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.