That's a picture of a bear. He looks pretty angry, presumably because someone told him that he couldn't eat human food anymore and that he'd only be able to eat bear food from now on (which is, somewhat ironically, humans). Let us all wish him well on his new diet of stringy human meat and not-candy.
It's the first really big lacrosse weekend of the year. This is, obviously, super exciting except for two things:
- New York City: Saturday (High: 50, Low: 32); Sunday (High: 44, Low: 26; chance of snow or rain).
- Baltimore: Saturday (High: 52, Low: 35); Sunday (High: 39, Low: 23; snow).
It could be worse, I suppose. We could all be out in the Russian tundra watching lacrosse. (Incidentally, lacrosse in Russia is a little different than here in the United States. Instead of balls and crosses and a really long field, lacrosse in Russia is just standing around and watching people starve to death on the streets. You know, every country has to try and put their little spin on American past times.)
We'll break this up into two pieces: One for Saturday and one for Sunday. Highlights for Saturday:
- Delaware at Loyola: Is Loyola ready to make a big move in the ECAC this year? They've been on the precipice recently but have had trouble mounting the hill. Delaware will try to continue to play its entire season before the Ides of March.
- Duke at Notre Dame: The Blue Devils will look to try and play with jet packs in the near future; Notre Dame thinks you damn kids are too rambunctious and need to calm down. It's a tournament game in February, which should make you want to open your favorite can of Fanta and enjoy existence.
- Bucknell at Massachusetts: The Bison are looking to rebound from a tough overtime loss to THUNDERDOME! combatant Delaware. This is their second shot at a pipe-wielding club from the toughest league in the galaxy.
- Virginia at Drexel: The nation's first look at the defending national champion against an opponent that has given them fits over the years.
|Holy Cross||St. John's||1:00||N/A||N/A|
This is your open thread for Saturday. Please take off your shoes before walking on the carpet. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.