Back when I was just a young Suxa, I used to watch lots and lots of Comedy Central while in college. Now, Comedy Central was a lot different then than it is today; I can probably list the network's entire daily program calendar in just a few bullet points:
- 6:00 - 9:00 A.M.: Bad infomercials.
- 9:00 - 11:00 A.M.: Bad movies.
- 11:00 - 1:00 P.M.: Bad stand up comedy.
- 1:00 - 3:00 P.M.: SNL re-runs from the '90's.
- 3:00 - 5:00 P.M.: Bad movie.
- 5:00 - 9:00 P.M.: [I can't quite remember, but it probably involved 'bad'. I'm thinking nonstop Strangers With Candy or something.]
- 9:00 - 11:00 P.M.: South Park over and over and over and over.
- 11:00 - 1:00 A.M.: SNL re-runs from the '90's.
- 1:00 - 6:00 A.M.: No clue. I was passed out.
Now, I loved the SNL re-runs, but I'd always get suckered into the bad movies. And these weren't even new bad movies; Comedy Central was notorious for just recycling the same nonsense on loop. One of the movies in the rotation was Pecker, a teen movie set in Baltimore, Maryland, starring Christina Ricci (Hot! Hot!) and some other dude that may or may not exist as of this writing (Dead? Dead?). John Waters directed the film and it plays out just like a John Waters fim should: Terribly and ostensibly odd.
Anyway, Johns Hopkins is playing Towson tonight in Baltimore. So, there's your connection.
There's also some hot MCLA action tonight if that's more your speed.
Leave your comments about the game or anything else (QUERY: Die of natural causes after a life lived in Baltimore or die in a hail of gunfire somewhere awesome?) in the comments below.