Instead of 12 games, the weather forced the two Wednesday games to be played today, totaling up to 14 games! Six of the teams playing today are ranked teams. Anyone smelling an upset or two?
You can find today’s Big Board directly below. Clicking on the team name will take you to that team’s homepage. Clicking on the Stream cell will take you to the broadcast of that game, while the Live Stats cell will take you to the live stats of that game. Any stream with a “$” after it means you’ll have to pay a small fee to watch the game.
College Crosse Big Board For March 6, 2018
|2:00 PM||St. John's||Saint Joseph's||NEC Front Row||Saint Joseph's|
|3:00 PM||Albany||UMass||UMass All Access||UMass|
|3:00 PM||Quinnipiac||Fairfield||Facebook Live||Fairfield|
|3:00 PM||Marist||Georgetown||GU Hoyas Video ($)||Georgetown|
|3:30 PM||Wagner||VMI||None :(||VMI|
|4:00 PM||Brown||Villanova||Nova Nation All Access ($)||Villanova|
|4:00 PM||Colgate||Hobart||Hobart All Access||Hobart|
|4:00 PM||UMass Lowell||Providence||Friars All-Access||Providence|
|5:00 PM||Binghamton||Cornell||Ivy League Network ($)||Cornell|
|6:00 PM||NJIT||Princeton||Ivy League Network ($)||Princeton|
|6:30 PM||Furman||Penn State||Lacrosse Talk Radio (Audio)||None :(|
|7:00 PM||Penn||Navy||1430 WNAV (Audio)||Navy|
|8:00 PM||Virginia||Manhattan||Jasper Sports Network||Manhattan|
Ed. Note: For entertainment and informational purposes only! #WeDoNotEndorseGambling!!)
Games To Watch
- St. John’s @ Saint Joseph’s (2 PM): St. Joe’s is looking for their first win of the regular season. They’ll have to do it against a good St. John’s team that is 2-2 on the year and just played North Carolina to their latest one-goal victory. The Hawks will need to find a way to get going on offense. Last week against Providence, St. Joe’s only scored three times, down from six the previous week against Fairfield.
- Albany @ UMass (3 PM): After a near scare by Cornell on Sunday, the Great Danes are back in action in Massachusetts to take on the Minutemen. UMass’ lone win came on a Tuesday against Sacred Heart, but have since lost games against Harvard and Yale. Defenseman Isaac Paparo will need to get at the top of his game to stop a ferocious Albany offense.
- Brown @ Villanova (4 PM): The Wildcats are 5-0, but have struggled in their last two games against Drexel and Delaware. They can’t afford a slow start against a Brown team that looks to get back on track and spoil Nova’s recent success. The Bears have not looked like what they have been in the past few years. Brown scored only eight goals in their loss to Rutgers, but Phil Goss’ 20 saves helped Bruno stay in the game.
- UMass Lowell @ Providence (4 PM): The River Hawks are 1-3 in one-goal games this season. That’s also their overall record as well, with their latest one-goal game coming against Monmouth on Saturday. The Friars have played in three one-goal games this season, going 1-2 in those contests, with the latest coming Saturday in overtime against Sacred Heart. Both of Providence’s losses have come in overtime. Don’t be surprised if this game is also decided by one goal.
- Penn vs. Navy (at Tierney Field in Sparks, Maryland): After upsetting Duke last week, Penn followed that up with a 10-7 loss to Penn State at Franklin Field. We honestly still don’t know who Penn is after four games into their season. Navy appears to be gaining steam after losing their first two showdowns this season. They’re also 2-0 in Patriot League play after defeating Boston University and Bucknell in the past two weeks. The Mids also have one of the more underrated FOGOs in Joe Varello, which could cause trouble for Penn.
Game notes and previews for each team playing today:
- Hobart (there are none)
- Penn State
- Saint Joseph’s
- St. John’s
- UMass Lowell
- Wagner (there are none)
SCHEDULE UPDATE! WE HAVE A WEDNESDAY GAME AGAIN!
Which means there’s no Thursday games. Sad face.
The Hawks are warming up!
Fire helmets for Cornell today:
BU killed it with their National Mario Day promo video:
Join us for @TerrierMLAX this Saturday, Mar. 10 on National Mario Day! We're giving away a #NintendoSwitch bundled with #MarioOdyssey! Just check in on our rewards app when you arrive using https://t.co/mDBvfa3f7h #GoBU pic.twitter.com/2B9NLg0nPN— BU Athletics (@BUAthletics) March 6, 2018
Check out the newest episode of Across College Lacrosse!
We have some more conference honors:
- Co-Player of the Week: Ryan Tierney (Hofstra) & Dean DiSimone (Delaware)
- Rookie of the Week: Dominic Pryor (Hofstra)
Song of the Day
Once again, the club is going up, on a Tuesday!
Games start at 2! I’ll see you out there!