I don't mean to gloat (Ed. Note: Yes I do) but it'll be right around 60 degrees in Philly today!! That's BBQ weather .... BIG BBQ weather if you will. I saw a ton of "Lacrosse must start in March!@#!" #HotTakes last week ..... but today ...
*60 degrees in PHL tomorrow. *— College Crosse (@SexyTimeLax) February 20, 2016
*Looks around for lacrosse weather Tweets.* pic.twitter.com/0E35vB4Mum
It'll probably snow on Sunday after I said all that. But let's eat, watch lax, and be thankful for the beautiful spring-like day today! Let's go to the Big Board(s).
|11:00||Lehigh vs. Furman||SoCon Digital Network|
|12:00||Villanova vs. 17 Harvard||Ivy League Digital Network ($$)|
|12:00||Bucknell vs Fairfield||Fairfield Stags TV ($$)|
|1:00||14 Virginia vs Drexel||Drexel TV|
|1:00||VMI vs. St. Joe's||NEC Front Row|
|3:00||20 Penn State vs. 18 Cornell||Ivy League Digital Network ($$)|
|3:00||Michigan vs. Penn||Ivy League Digital Network ($$)|
*Please advise if any streaming links are broken or you spot incorrect game information, as I will update accordingly. Thank you in advance for any tips!*
(Ed. Note: We got a Philly Board now! I know! Isn't it awesome?!
*Ducks flying fruit from Long Island crowd.*
I'll take all questions in the comments section!)
Philly Board College Crosse Games Of The Day.
11:00 Lehigh v. Furman. Great way to kick off the day. This one has major Crossecast bragging rights on the line as it involves a Southern Conference team and a Patriot League squad. Make sure to catch some of this with your grapefruit this morning.
*Aforementioned grapefruit whizzes by Eri's head.*
We'll have plenty of time to respectfully discuss College Crosse's fluid definition of the term "Philly Team" later in the comments section later.)
- 12:00 Villanova at Harvard. Wildcats v. Crimson should be a great one. Villanova could play a major role this year when it comes to at-large bids on Selection Sunday. This is the first of three Ivy games for the Cats. With only 8 at-large bids available, it would be HUGE for the Big East on Selection Sunday if the Cats could take down one or two Ivy teams, as it would boost the Big East's profile in the committee's eyes.
- 1:00, Drexel v. Virginia. Virginia and Drexel games are usually really close. UVA won by 4 points,last year but the three games prior (2012-2014) were all decided by 1 point (all UVA victories). This is a tough series but the Dragons are still looking for their first win over UVA since 2007. With a home opener against a struggling UVA, Drexel may have what it takes to pull off the upset.
- 3:00, Penn State at Cornell. Cornell hasn't played a game since their first round loss to Albany last May, while the Nittany Lions have been humming at 2-0. A win over Cornell would be huge for Penn State to demonstrate their 2016 fast start is for real.
Main Board College Crosse Games Of The Day.
11:30, Notre Dame v. Georgetown. Another great one for your brunch. Picking this game was pretty easy as it features the Irish, who many consider the 1 team in the country. The good people in Cobb County get to watch this banger and Duke v. Denver at 2:00 as part of a huge triple-header down in Georgia.
- 12:00, Mount St. Mary's v. Towson. Mentioned as a possible upset on the Crossecast.
1:00, Johns Hopkins v. Loyola. The Blue Jays own a (looks at notes) 47-5 advantage in this series, referred to by most noted historians as (looks at notes) "The Charles St. Massacre."
Well history means nothing today, as Hounds have dominated the Jays in the last two match-ups. Loyola should be packed for this one as the two square up for the first time since taking a one year hiatus in 2015. Shout out to the Patriot League for the stream.
1:00, Bryant at Providence. This will be a proper Rhode Island brawl.
2:30, Vermont v. Holy Cross. This one is for all the true Crossecast heads out there as it features Vermont's high-octane offense. The Catamounts have averaged 18 goals in their first two game. Don't let Bernie's boys pop the trunk.
WE NEED YOU!
- Seriously, thank you to all the Goodfellas and Goodladies out there for your great Tweets/messages/jokes/pics. We love you all! If you see something cool today take a pic/screenshot and Tweet it on over to @SexyTimeLax, and we'll put the best ones in our Curation at the end of the day.