Your accu-weather forecast from College Crosse Doppler 6, the most powerful weather tool ever invented:
- Baltimore, M.D.: Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 36*. South win 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%
- Philadelphia, P.A.: A chance of snow showers after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 37*. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half-inch possible.
- New York, N.Y.: Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30*. Wind chill values between 5 and 15. South wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Burlington, V.T.: Light snow likely, mainly after 2 P.M. Cloudy with a high near 12*. Wind chill values as low as -15*. Southeast win 6 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
"Happy Valentine's Day! I got you the flu!" Here are your three highlights for today:
- Penn State at Loyola // Bryant at Bucknell: The Patriot League will put two teams in hyper-dangerous situations today. In Baltimore, Loyola will look to plug Penn State, setting the stage for an important game against Towson in the middle of the upcoming week. A loss doesn't sting the 'Hounds in the overall, but yanking out a victory against the Nittany Lions at Ridley would provide the team with a nice platform to build upon. The Bison, coming off a tough defeat at the hands of Delaware last weekend, would love to put a dent in Bryant's universe, mirroring what fellow Patriot League member Colgate did a week ago to the Bulldogs. Possession margin will factor into the outcome in Lewisburg, and a consistent effort from Bucknell at both ends of the field for a full 60 minutes will be necessary if the Herd hope to even their record on the year.
- Marquette at Hofstra // Drexel at Virginia // Massachusetts at North Carolina: Look at THUNDERDOME!, rolling with three games of note in the early portion of the year. If THUNDERDOME! is looking for multiple bids to the NCAA Tournament this season, the results of these three games may factor in important ways into the league's overall profile (not to mention the profiles of its members). The Minutemen have the longest odds of any of these teams today, but a clean sweep of the conference's most notable games today would elevate the league's profile at a unique stage of the season.
- Denver v. Duke: This, basically (it's not on TV, so you're sh*t out of luck if you aren't in the building):
Here's Saturday's full schedule. Please let me know if there are errors. I'll fix/populate links to live stats and video as the day progresses (if necessary).
|AWAY||HOME||TIME (ET)||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Lehigh||Furman||11:00 A.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Bellarmine||Robert Morris||11:00 A.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Holy Cross||Fairfield||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Marquette||Hofstra||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Penn State||Loyola||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Maryland||Navy||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Georgetown||Notre Dame||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||ESPN3|
|Rutgers||Richmond||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|High Point||St. Joseph's||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Massachusetts||North Carolina||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Mount St. Mary's||VMI||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Sacred Heart||Binghamton||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Bryant||Bucknell||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Canisius||Boston University||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Manhattan||Princeton||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Stony Brook||St. John's||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|UMBC||Pennsylvania||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Colgate||Vermont||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Johns Hopkins||Villanova||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Massachusetts-Lowell||Yale||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Denver||Duke||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Marist||Air Force||2:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Drexel||Virginia||5:30 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Detroit||Michigan||7:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
This is your open thread for Saturday. I'm going to be out-of-pocket for most of the day, but you can still have a good time. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.
Also, if you haven't yet, give a "like" to College Crosse over on Facebook and make sure to give a follow @SexyTimeLax on the Twitter machine.