We have another trio of games today, two of which are being played in New York State. For some reason, New York really loves Tuesday.
You can find today’s Big Board directly below. Clicking on the team name will take you to that team’s homepage. Clicking on the Stream cell will take you to the broadcast of that game, while the Live Stats cell will take you to the live stats of that game.
Games To Watch
- Lafayette @ Monmouth (3 PM): The Leopards are 2-9 and have lost their last eight games, including a 15-6 drubbing from Binghamton, who also isn’t good. Yikes. Meanwhile, Monmouth is probably where they were expected to be at 4-5 and 2-1 in conference play. They look good in a relatively weak MAAC conference and have the NJIT Highlanders following this game on Saturday.
- Hobart @ Syracuse (7 PM): Ah the Central New York trophy game. Syracuse has won the Kraus-Simmons Trophy every year since 2013. They’ve also been dominant in the overall series against the Statesmen. But Hobart has been inconsistent on offense in their last five games, alternating between 10 or more goals and nine or fewer tallies. If the pattern holds, Hobart’s defense better be really good. Eggs are optional.
- St. John’s @ Stony Brook (7:30 PM): St. John’s four-game winning streak came to a sudden halt against Providence on Saturday in a 14-8 defeat. Other than that, the Red Storm have been a sneaky good team this season. As for the Seawolves, they went 3-2 in the month of March after starting 0-4 in February. Still not good, but it’s a slight improvement. They’ll look for a good win against this Red Storm team.
Here’s some game notes and previews for tonight’s games:
Syracuse’s Ryan Simmons and head coach John Desko previewed tonight’s rivalry game:
Hear what Ryan Simmons had to say ahead of today's battle for the Kraus-Simmons Trophy, named in part after his family legacy pic.twitter.com/OsS6EAPNa9— Syracuse Lacrosse (@CuseMLAX) April 3, 2018
The Orange are back in the Dome again tomorrow night. See what head coach John Desko had to say about tomorrow's matchup with longtime rival Hobart pic.twitter.com/HeJT4II9Ch— Syracuse Lacrosse (@CuseMLAX) April 2, 2018
The SoCon released their weekly honors:
- SoCon Offensive Player of the Week: Matthew Schwartz (Air Force)
- SoCon Defensive Player of the Week: Terrell Sands (High Point)
Make sure you check out today’s Prospectus for the rest of the conference honors (besides the Big Ten).
The San Diego Seals have named Patrick Merrill as their next head coach and GM:
Check out his interview he did earlier today with Mighty 1090 AM in San Diego.
Song of the Day
Games start at 3! I’ll see you out there!