All three games feature Ivy League teams at home. Two of them should be fun matchups. Bad news is unless you want to shell out money, they’re not free. Sad!
- Saint Joseph’s @ Penn (7 PM): The final Philly Phour battle of the season has at-large implications for Penn. For the visiting Hawks, they’re on a seven-game winning streak thanks to the superb goaltending from freshman Mike Adler. He’s second in the country with a 60.9% save percentage and seventh in the nation with an 8.05 goals against average. He hasn’t lost a game since early March. Their offense has two stud attackmen in Chris Blewitt and Mike Rastivo. But St. Joe’s will have a tough task with Penn’s talented offense led by Simon Mathias and Kevin McGeary. The Quakers recently picked up an 11-7 win over Harvard to keep their chances of making the NCAA Tournament alive.
- Providence @ Brown (7 PM): The first of two Ocean State Cup games for Brown in the next two weeks first pits them against a Friars team that has underperformed this season. Providence has never beaten the Bears, even though they came close last year in double overtime. They’ll look to recover after Saturday’s late collapse against Marquette. Brown is also looking to rebound on both sides of the ball after a 27-15 loss to Yale. They face a tough goalie in Tate Boyce that could give them trouble.
- Marist @ Yale (7 PM): This will be the first ever meeting between the two teams. Marist is 3-10 on the season, while the Bulldogs scored 27 goals on Saturday against Brown. That’s a ton. Ben Reeves hopes to add more goals for the Elis against a good goalie in Brian Corrigan.
Here’s some game notes and previews for tonight’s games:
The Big Ten and SoCon released their weekly honors:
- Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week: Connor Kelly (Maryland)
- Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week: Ryan Terefenko (Ohio State)
- Big Ten Specialist of the Week: Gerard Arceri (Penn State)
- Big Ten Freshman of the Week: Bubba Fairman (Maryland)
- SoCon Offensive Player of the Week: Ryan Lanchbury (Richmond)
- SoCon Defensive Player of the Week: John Hulsman (Bellarmine)
Make sure you check out today’s Prospectus for the rest of the conference honors.
Song of the Day
As per the Tuesday lacrosse rules:
Games start at 7! I’ll see you out there!