After the first set of Tuesday games last week, we’re doing it once again with seven more matches on the docket!
Below is today’s Big Board. Clicking on the team name will take you to that team’s homepage. Clicking on the Stream cell will take you to the broadcast of that game, while the Live Stats cell will take you to the live stats of that game. Anything with the dollar sign ($) means you have to pay to watch. Let’s go to the Big Board!!
College Crosse Big Board For February 20, 2018
|4:00 PM||Holy Cross||Harvard||Ivy League Network $||Harvard|
|4:00 PM||Mount St. Mary's||Richmond||Spider TV $||Richmond|
|7:00 PM||Manhattan||Lafayette||Patriot League Network||Lafayette|
|7:00 PM||Detroit Mercy||Jacksonville||1010XL (Audio)||Jacksonville|
|7:00 PM||Virginia||High Point||Big South Network||High Point|
|7:00 PM||Dartmouth||Boston University||Patriot League Network||Boston University|
(Ed. Note: For entertainment and informational purposes only! #WeDoNotEndorseGambling!!)
Games to Watch
- Canisius @ Binghamton (4 PM): It’s our first REVERSE SURVIVOR OFF! Both teams are winless, with Canisius falling to one against Dartmouth and Binghamton giving up 21 goals to Syracuse and Colgate. Both teams will look for win number one, but Binghamton will look to not give up 20 goals this time around.
- Manhattan @ Lafayette (7 PM): This could be an interesting one. On paper, it’s not a eye-popping game, but considering how both teams are, we could be in for a good one. The Jaspers are coming off a five-goal win over VMI, while the Leopards are a surprising 2-1 and looked kind of decent after edging Wagner in double overtime.
- Virginia @ High Point (7 PM): After struggling against Duke and Georgetown, the Panthers surprised many with a pretty good performance against Maryland on Saturday. However, the Cavaliers come to town, fresh off a 13-8 win against Drexel.
- Dartmouth @ Boston University (7 PM): This feels weird to write, but Dartmouth is undefeated. I know it’s just one game against Canisius, but they’ve done it. Now comes staying undefeated, as they take on a good BU team coming off a tough loss to Ohio State 10 days ago.
Game notes and previews from each team:
- Boston University
- Detroit Mercy
- High Point
- Holy Cross
- Manhattan (they have none)
- Mount St. Mary’s
- Richmond (they have none)
The Spiders are all set for game day!
BU’s Michael Laviano is taking over the NCAA’s lacrosse Instagram account!
BU’s Michael Laviano is taking over our @Instagram story today! Follow along as 5️⃣5️⃣ gives you behind the scenes access leading up to tonight's game against Dartmouth! #NCAALAX pic.twitter.com/5v2JfInJvW— NCAA Lacrosse (@NCAALAX) February 20, 2018
Speaking of BU, Marisa Ingemi profiles Terrier James Burr for the New England Lacrosse Journal:
Lacrosse was a late start for Burr in some ways in general. Growing up playing football and baseball, he retired his baseball mitt and moved on to focusing on lacrosse.
”Baseball was my favorite for a while,” he said. “But when my brother moved on from it, I did too. It’s more fast paced, “I got to play it with my brother. There was more contact and ability to do different things. Once football ended, lacrosse just had more action to it and great competition.”
Burr played for the Middlesex School after growing up in Hamilton, which might not be the down that Massachusetts natives mention first when listing strong lacrosse areas in the region. But the programs helped prepare both James and Elliott [Burr] for playing at the Division 1 level. James ended up a member of the all-ISL team twice while at Middlesex, and he credits the learning experiences growing up in the game.
”It’s [lacrosse] really big for being a really small area,” said Burr. “There’s a lot of love for the game. I was in youth programs there and they really take it seriously from a young age. It’s competitive, and there’s a big emphasis on learning the game.”
Support Cleveland State lacrosse!
Please help my teammates and I on this great #CSUGivingDay. We could not do any of this without the love and support from our great CSU Lacrosse family! Thank you so much for supporting CSU Lacrosse! ➡️ https://t.co/QWqDH5PV2H pic.twitter.com/6v8juby99q— Caleb Espinoza (@espo_caleb33) February 20, 2018
Check out our newest episode of Across College Lacrosse!
Today’s Prospectus features the return of the Stoneman Douglas High School boys’ lacrosse team to the practice field.
Song of the Day
Club going up, on a Tuesday!
Games begin at four! I’ll see you out there!