Another week, another week of craziness and movement across the Power Rankings. As always, let’s get to this week’s rankings and let the disagreements begin to kick start your weekend!
- Syracuse (LW: 2) - With a one-goal win at Notre Dame, and a SIX-GOAL WIN over Hobart, the Orange keep improving as the year progresses.
- Penn State (LW: 3) - Happy Valley was happy after a big win over Ohio State in Big Ten play and they look legit.
- Notre Dame (LW: 1) - It’s rare when Notre Dame loses at home, like really rare.
- Denver (LW: 4) - Big East play started strong with a win over Georgetown, but a hot Villanova team is up next.
- Albany (LW: 5) - They’re still riding the winning wave, but how will they be when they host Maryland Wednesday night?
- Hofstra (LW: 6) - The Pride won a four-goal game against Fairfield, so are they also improving?
- Maryland (LW: 7) - They’ll get a taste of May play with games against Penn State and Albany this week.
- Johns Hopkins (LW: 13) - The Jays breezed by Rutgers and look to be hot once again with Hunter Moreland and Kyle Marr heating up.
- Army West Point (LW: 10) - Another close Patriot League game, this time against Bucknell by a goal.
- Duke (LW: 12) - They got their first win in ACC play over their archrivals, and that always feels good.
- Ohio State (LW: 8) - Not a good way to start Big Ten play, and even worse, they have a hot Johns Hopkins team on Sunday.
- Yale (LW: 18) - Penn’s always been close for the Bulldogs, but they’ve pulled out with a win the past four meetings.
- Princeton (LW: 15) - Even without Austin Sims again, the Tigers took care of Brown handedly, by scoring 21 goals.
- Towson (LW: 16) - CAApril began with a one-goal win over Drexel, and the Tigers have a UMass team that’s won four of their last five games.
- Rutgers (Last Week: 9) - Is Rutgers starting to fall apart?
- Virginia (LW: 22) - They needed that win over Richmond, which is their best win so far this season, but MUST beat North Carolina on Sunday.
- Richmond (LW: 11) - After going ahead by a goal, the Spiders gave up two goals in under 30 seconds and lost the game.
- Villanova (LW: 25) - They finally beat Marquette, and in #WhitneyInOT nonetheless.
- Binghamton (LW: 23) - They finally entered the Top 20 in the polls, but can they stay there?
- Providence (LW: 24) - The Friars took care of St. John’s, and now have a tough Georgetown game this weekend.
- Boston University (LW: 14) - They lost to Lehigh in Bethlehem by four goals and face Army West Point, Loyola, and Holy Cross before the Patriot League Tournament, so it’s do-or-die time for the Terriers.
- Loyola (LW: 27) - They defeated Colgate, but have Lehigh, BU, and Army West Point coming up, and nothing’s set in stone just yet.
- Michigan (LW: 17) - Michigan fell to Maryland, but can they look good against a struggling Rutgers team?
- North Carolina (LW: 20) - The ceiling was the roof for the hoops team, so can it be the same for the lacrosse team?
- Marquette (LW: 21) - The Air Force win was great, but then they lost to Villanova.
- Delaware (LW: 19) - After we thought they’d look like a top 20 team, they fell to UMass in CAA play.
- Air Force (LW: 28) - Bellarmine isn’t good this year, and neither isn’t anyone in the SoCon other than themselves and Richmond.
- Robert Morris (LW: 32) - Bobby Mo took care of St. Joe’s, and have Wagner and a big game against Virginia later on in the week.
- Brown (LW: 27) - They got wrecked by Princeton, and are in the danger zone of missing the Ivy League Tournament.
- Harvard (LW: 30) - Cornell doesn’t look like a 2-6 team, so Harvard better play a strong game.
- Penn (LW: 29) - Brown is going to be huge for both teams and their hopes of making the Ivy League Tournament.
- Bryant (LW: 33) - Sacred Heart could be a possible opponent in the NEC semifinals for the Bulldogs.
- Monmouth (LW: 34) - They beat Marist without a hitch but they struggled against Lafayette on Tuesday.
- Stony Brook (LW: 31) - They never seem to be able to beat Albany.
- Sacred Heart (LW: 36) - A huge NEC battle looms with a game at Bryant.
- Bucknell (LW: 35) - Another close loss doesn’t help, but luckily, the Bison have Mount St. Mary’s, Lafayette, and Lehigh left before the Patriot League Tournament.
- Navy (LW: 42) - The Mids have won three straight and are hot at the right time, with Colgate and Army West Point left.
- UMBC (LW: 47) - A good win over UMass Lowell, but their final four games will be a challenge.
- Lehigh (LW: 46) - Nice bounceback win over BU, and have two solid teams this week in Loyola and Princeton.
- Fairfield (LW: 38) - The Stags need to get it going after a loss to Hofstra in their CAApril opener.
- UMass (LW: 42) - Are the Minutemen the hottest non-ranked team right now?
- Georgetown (LW: 39) - The Hoyas played Denver strong in the first half before the Pios exploded, and also, welcome back Patrick Ewing.
- Cornell (LW: 45) - They got a win, granted it was Dartmouth.
- Hartford (LW: 48) - A two-goal win over Vermont bodes well for their chances at making the America East Tournament.
- Vermont (LW: 37) - A two-goal loss over Hartford doesn’t bode well for their chances at making the America East Tournament.
- Hobart (LW: 40) - The Statesmen have lost two straight, and are at Sweeney Field to take on St. Joe’s in a rematch of last year’s NEC championship contest.
- Marist (LW: 41) - The Red Foxes didn’t have their best game against a very good Monmouth team.
- Drexel (LW: 44) - The Dragons did play Towson to a one-goal game.
- Furman (LW: 49) - Furman’s also heating up, and look to be the third best team in the SoCon.
- Colgate (LW: 51) - The Raiders got worked by Loyola, and have a streaking Navy squad this week.
- Detroit Mercy (LW: 53) - The Titans have won three straight games, and could make it four against Canisius.
- St. Joe’s (LW: 50) - I don’t think the Hawks are going to make the NEC Tournament this year.
- Holy Cross (LW: 52) - “I think Holy Cross is just good in Patriot League conference games.” Even though they lost to a Patriot League team, this statement still applies.
- Mercer (LW: 56) - They got a #WhitneyInOT win over High Point in front of their lacrosse alumni.
- UMass Lowell (LW: 54) - The River Hawks have a five-game losing streak after their loss against UMBC.
- High Point (LW: 55) - They needed to beat Mercer last weekend, but they still have Bellarmine, Furman, and Jacksonville left before their season finale against Air Force.
- Wagner (LW: 57) - The Seahawks had a nonconference schedule with plenty of sub-.500 teams and it hasn’t helped with NEC play.
- Mount St. Mary’s (LW: 58) - The Mount fell to a good Sacred Heart team last weekend.
- Canisius (LW: 59) - How will the Golden Griffins be with a long period of rest as they take on Detroit Mercy?
- Quinnipiac (LW: 63) - They snapped a four-game losing streak with a win over Manhattan.
- Manhattan (LW: 61) - Still waiting on a win, and could it be this weekend against Siena?
- St. John’s (LW: 60) - The Red Storm got crushed by Providence last weekend.
- Bellarmine (LW: 63) - They got dismantled by Air Force last Saturday.
- Lafayette (LW: 64) - They can be good if they play like they did against Monmouth on Tuesday.
- Dartmouth (LW: 65) - They still need Andy Towers back.
- Jacksonville (LW: 66) - They still don’t have a win after losing to Furman, but do they get one against VMI?
- Siena (LW: 67) - They still don’t have a win after losing to Detroit Mercy, butt do they get one against Manhattan?
- Cleveland State (LW: 68) - They got crushed by Virginia, as expected.
- VMI (LW: 69) - They got their second win of the season...over Hampton.
- NJIT (LW: 70) - DidNJITWin.com. (Answer: still no)
- Hampton (LW: 71) - Still a work in progress.
If you decided to skip the small explanations for each team above, here’s a table for ya, which include each team’s official RPI ranking.
2017 College Crosse Week 13 Power Rankings
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|20||Army West Point||11-4||15||-5||17|
|55||Mount St. Mary's||4-10||54||-1||56|