It’s the second-to-last weekend of regular season lacrosse play (thanks to the ACC-Patriot League challenge being next weekend), so it’s do-or-die time for a ton of teams. Let’s head to the Power Rankings!
- Syracuse (Last Week: 1) - They live and die by one-goal games.
- Duke (LW: 3) - They enter the ACC Tournament very hot, and it also doesn’t hurt that they’re hosting.
- Ohio State (LW: 5) - They could be the top seed in the Big Ten Tournament with a win over Rutgers.
- Albany (LW: 6) - They got their resume win over Yale, so now they have to win the America East Tournament.
- Denver (LW: 4) - They’re still the best Big East team, and have Marquette to wrap up the regular season.
- Maryland (LW: 2) - Could Maryland be injured and fatigued entering Rivalry Week against Hopkins?
- Johns Hopkins (LW: 8) - The Jays have a prime chance of beating the Terps on the road.
- Notre Dame (LW: 7) - The Irish edged out UNC, and hope to get revenge over Duke later tonight.
- Penn State (LW: 9) - Penn State is in the Big Ten Tournament, but can they win it?
- Hofstra (LW: 11) - They blew UMass out by seven, and hope to take the top seed in the CAA Tournament with a win over Towson (and a Drexel loss).
- Yale (LW: 10) - They have to win the Ivy League Tournament in order to be in the NCAA Tournament.
- Princeton (LW: 16) - Rivalry week with Cornell is this weekend, followed by a must-win Ivy League Tournament.
- Rutgers (Last Week: 12) - They need to beat Ohio State, along with some help, in order to be in the NCAA Tournament.
- Boston University (LW: 17) - Could they win the Patriot League Tournament? (Marisa Note: Yes)
- Army West Point (LW:13) - Army could have a wasted season with a loss this weekend.
- Villanova (LW: 19) - They’ll take on Providence in what will be a preview of next week’s Big East semifinal.
- Monmouth (LW: 20) - They’re on ESPNU today against Manhattan, wow.
- North Carolina (LW: 18) - They have to win this weekend, or they’re done.
- Loyola (LW): 23 - The Hounds are the top seed in the Patriot League Tournament and have Pat Spencer.
- Towson (LW: 14) - They had a yikes moment with a loss to Fairfield, and have Hofstra tomorrow.
- Brown (LW: 21) - Brown is kinda warming up, with the Ivy League Tournament next week after Dartmouth.
- Richmond (LW: 15) - The Air Force loss makes Furman a very important game in the conference tournament race.
- Air Force (LW: 28) - Unless Air Force messes up against High Point, the Falcons have a very good chance of taking the SoCon.
- Virginia (LW: 25) - They play Penn tomorrow to end Lars Tiffany’s first season in Charlottesville.
- Providence (LW: 22) - Providence is on a two-game losing skid and have Villanova in their next two games, regular season and postseason matchups.
- Binghamton (LW: 24) - Make that three straight losses for the Bearcats, and play in a big game against Stony Brook tonight.
- Penn (LW: 29) - The Quakers take on Virginia for the second time this season, before they play in the Ivy League Tournament.
- Marquette (LW: 27) - They played tough against Duke, but to no avail, and Denver is up next for the next two games.
- Stony Brook (LW: 32) - The Seawolves have an important game against Binghamton tonight.
- Bryant (LW: 33) - The Bulldogs handled Robert Morris, but fell in a tough Ocean State Cup game against Brown to end their regular season.
- Robert Morris (LW: 26) - The Bryant game was a disaster.
- Drexel (LW: 41) - The Dragons are HOT!
- Delaware (LW: 30) - The Blue Hens are NOT!
- Sacred Heart (LW: 37) - Cleveland State is a gimmie win.
- Hobart (LW: 43) - Statesmen continue to march on with a win against Mount St. Mary’s, and have Robert Morris this weekend.
- Navy (LW: 34) - A injury-ridden season cost the Mids a possible Patriot League championship.
- Cornell (LW: 31) - Cornell’s season is done after Princeton.
- UMBC (LW: 35) - A bad loss to Hartford did put them in the America East Tournament.
- Harvard (LW: 38) - The Crimson have Yale, but their season is done.
- Holy Cross (LW: 47) - THEY CAN WIN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE TOURNAMENT!
- Michigan (LW: 36) - They’re still the worst team in the Big Ten.
- Furman (LW: 44) - Furman’s still the top team in the SoCon, and can be undefeated in conference play with a win over Richmond.
- Marist (LW: 45) - They’re in the MAAC Tournament, but face a hot Siena team this weekend.
- UMass (LW: 40) - The Minutemen are in the CAA Tournament, but the loss to Hofstra wasn’t good.
- Fairfield (LW: 49) - Big win over Towson, but too little, too late.
- Lehigh (LW: 42) - The Mountain Hawks should be happy with a very talented sophomore class leading the way.
- Bucknell (LW: 39) - A season filled with promise turned into a disaster, and they missed out on the Patriot League Tournament.
- Vermont (LW: 46) - They were idle last week and won’t be in the America East Tournament, but they can play spoiler for UMBC this weekend.
- Colgate (LW: 50) - Not the worst team in the Patriot League!
- Hartford (LW: 51) - The Hawks are still alive for a spot in the America East Tournament.
- Georgetown (LW: 48) - The idle Hoyas have St. John’s this weekend to end their season.
- St. Joe’s (LW: 54) - St. Joe’s wraps up their season with Mount St. Mary’s.
- Detroit Mercy (LW: 52) - The Titans are hoping Marist beats Siena so that they’re in the MAAC tourney.
- Mount St. Mary’s (LW: 53) - The Mountaineers end their season with St. Joe’s in a battle of sad NEC teams.
- Canisius (LW: 56) - Canisius fell to Monmouth, but are still in the MAAC Tournament next week.
- Bellarmine (LW: 59) - The Knights defeated Mercer, and a win over Jacksonville solidifies their spot in the SoCon Tournament.
- Wagner (LW: 55) - WAAAAAGGGGGNNNNEEEERRR wraps up the regular season with Sacred Heart.
- UMass Lowell (LW: 57) - The Riverhawks wrap up the season with NJIT.
- Siena (LW: 62) - SIENA IS PIPING HOT!
- High Point (LW: 60) - The Panthers have Air Force and need to win, along with a Bellarmine loss, to get them into the SoCon Tournament.
- Mercer (LW: 58) - Mercer is done for the season, although they have VMI to end the season.
- Jacksonville (LW: 61) - The Dolphins need to beat Bellarmine and Air Force to beat High Point to get into the SoCon Tournament!
- Quinnipiac (LW: 64) - They won’t defend their MAAC crown this season.
- Manhattan (LW: 65) - NATIONAL TV FOR THE JASPERS TODAY!
- Lafayette (LW: 63) - They’re still the worst team in the Patriot League, and change needs to come very soon.
- Dartmouth (LW: 66) - The Big Green finish the season with Brown on Saturday.
- St. John’s (LW: 67) - The Red Storm keep losing, and have Georgetown on Saturday.
- Cleveland State (LW: 68) - The Vikings wrap up their inaugural season against Canisius.
- VMI (LW: 69) - They finish the season with Mercer.
- NJIT (LW: 70) - The Highlanders finish the regular season against UMass Lowell.
- Hampton (LW: 71) - They’re still a work in progress after their second full season in the NCAA.
If you decided to skip the small explanations for each team above, here’s a table for ya, which include each team’s official RPI ranking.
2017 College Crosse Week 13 Power Rankings
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|20||Army West Point||11-4||15||-5||17|
|55||Mount St. Mary's||4-10||54||-1||56|