Another week, another week of craziness and movement across the Power Rankings. As always, let’s get to this week’s rankings and let the disagreements begin to kick start your weekend!
- Syracuse (LW: 1) - A number one team that doesn’t lose in their first game being number one, what times!
- Maryland (LW: 7) - Two big tests, two big wins, and any news of their demise have been exaggerated.
- Denver (LW: 4) - They got a strong win over Villanova and should glide through the Big East.
- Hofstra (LW: 6) - Another close win for the Pride, this time against Delaware.
- Penn State (LW: 2) - Even though they lost to Maryland, they look legit, and can they stay that way against Johns Hopkins?
- Albany (LW: 5) - Tough loss to Maryland, but it shows that they can play with the best.
- Duke (LW: 10) - The hottest team in the nation right now.
- Army West Point (LW: 9) - Another close Patriot League game for the second straight week, this time against Boston University by a goal.
- Notre Dame (LW: 3) - Is Notre Dame regressing?
- Ohio State (LW: 11) - They got a much needed bounceback win against Johns Hopkins, and have archrival Michigan later this morning.
- Yale (LW: 12) - They look like the best Ivy League team and possibly the only Ivy team to go to the NCAA Tournament.
- Towson (LW: 14) - After beating UMass last week, the Tigers hope to avenge a 10-7 loss to Delaware last season today.
- Johns Hopkins (LW: 8) - This afternoon’s game against Penn State could make or break the team’s Big Ten hopes.
- Rutgers (Last Week: 15) - Much needed win over Michigan, but they have hot Maryland at home on Sunday.
- Richmond (LW: 17) - They almost lost to Mercer early in that one, but managed to turn it on in the second half, now on to Bellarmine.
- Princeton (LW: 13) - At-large hopes are fading fast, if not have already faded, after losing to Lehigh.
- Providence (LW: 20) - The Friars are the third best team in the Big East, but can they continue that against Marquette at home today?
- North Carolina (LW: 24) - The win against Virginia was crucial to their season, now can they continue that momentum against Syracuse in the final game for Fetzer Field?
- Binghamton (LW: 19) - Don’t sleep on UMBC today, but their biggest tests loom ahead in Albany (Wednesday) and Syracuse (Saturday).
- Loyola (LW: 22) - If they can continue what they’re doing in the Patriot League, they might make the NCAA Tournament via the AQ.
- Villanova (LW: 18) - The Cats hung in there with Denver, but fell on the losing end, and are at Georgetown today.
- Monmouth (LW: 33) - Big MAAC game against Detroit Mercy for the favorite Hawks.
- Virginia (LW: 16) - No chance they’re making the NCAA Tournament, just ask BOSS Lars Tiffany, but they can play spoiler to Duke today.
- Boston University (LW: 21) - Are they in store for another Patriot League collapse?
- Brown (LW: 29) - Big win for the Bears defeating Penn, and they have Yale today.
- Marquette (LW: 25) - Providence is today in what could determine who plays Villanova and who plays Denver in the Big East Tournament.
- Delaware (LW: 26) - They played tough against Hofstra, but they lost and probably need to win out in order to get to the CAA Tournament.
- Michigan (LW: 23) - They affirmed their stance as still the worst Big Ten team.
- Bryant (LW: 32) - Big win for the Bulldogs over Bryant, now onto Hobart in Geneva.
- Robert Morris (LW: 28) - I thought they’d hang in with Virginia, but I was wrong.
- Air Force (LW: 27) - Say goodbye to their at-large bubble!
- Penn (LW: 31) - Another must-win game against Harvard is today in Cambridge.
- Harvard (LW: 30) - Same situation as Penn, but at least they’re at home, which might not mean anything.
- Stony Brook (LW: 34) - Tough nonconference loss to Princeton on Saturday.
- Sacred Heart (LW: 35) - A win would’ve been big for the other Pioneers in the NEC.
- Cornell (LW: 43) - The Big Red look to be clicking again after beating Harvard.
- Lehigh (LW: 39) - Bad loss to Loyola, but good win against Princeton, but can they stay consistent and beat Cornell?
- Bucknell (LW: 36) - They fell to Mount St. Mary’s which I thought would be a win for the Bison, so don’t assume Lafayette is a lock either.
- UMBC (LW: 38) - The Retrievers are improving, even after a five-goal loss to Albany, and host Binghamton tonight.
- Navy (LW: 37) - Colgate was a loss, and now it’s rivalry time with Army West Point at home.
- Vermont (LW: 45) - The Catamounts survived UMass Lowell and play Stony Brook later today.
- UMass (LW: 41) - The Minutemen hope to bounce back later today against Fairfield.
- Hobart (LW: 46) - HOBERT WON IN #WHITNEYINOT!
- Furman (LW: 49) - Furman’s definitely heating up and have High Point today.
- Marist (LW: 47) - Marist survived with a one-goal win over Quinnipiac in a MAAC championship game rematch.
- Drexel (LW: 48) - Drexel defeated Fairfield and hope to upend Hofstra for the first time this season.
- Fairfield (LW: 40) - A loss to UMass probably puts the nail in the coffin for their season.
- Colgate (LW: 50) - Surprise win for the Raiders against Navy, so can they continue their momentum against Holy Cross?
- Georgetown (LW: 42) - The Hoyas took another loss to Providence and have Villanova later today.
- Hartford (LW: 44) - They blew a lead to Binghamton late in their AE conference showdown.
- Holy Cross (LW: 53) - “I think Holy Cross is just good in Patriot League conference games.” Still the case.
- Mount St. Mary’s (LW: 58) - From Reverse Survivor contender to NEC Tournament contender.
- St. Joe’s (LW: 52) - The loss of Mike Rastivo has been really hurting the Hawks this season.
- Canisius (LW: 59) - Could Canisius challenge Monmouth for the MAAC this season?
- Detroit Mercy (LW: 51) - After losing to Canisius, the Titans host Monmouth in another big MAAC battle.
- Mercer (LW: 54) - They hung with Richmond for the most part!
- Bellarmine (LW: 63) - Excellent win over the Panthers in SoCon play.
- High Point (LW: 56) - Brutal loss to Bellarmine last week for their SoCon Tournament hopes, and need to beat Furman.
- Wagner (LW: 57) - The Seahawks are still bad.
- UMass Lowell (LW: 55) - The River Hawks almost beat Vermont, and then they lost to Dartmouth.
- Lafayette (LW: 64) - They denied NJIT a chance to leave the Reverse Survivor island.
- Quinnipiac (LW: 60) - We’re gonna have a new champion in the MAAC this season.
- Dartmouth (LW: 65) - THEY GOT ANOTHER WIN!
- Manhattan (LW: 61) - They were generous and decided to give Siena their first win.
- St. John’s (LW: 62) - The Red Storm keep losing.
- Siena (LW: 67) - THEY WON THEIR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!
- Jacksonville (LW: 66) - THEY ALSO WON THEIR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!
- Cleveland State (LW: 68) - The Vikings have Division II Walsh College today.
- VMI (LW: 69) - They gave Jacksonville their first win under John Galloway.
- NJIT (LW: 70) - DidNJITWin.com. (Answer: still no, but they almost did against Lafayette and probably will beat Hampton today)
- Hampton (LW: 71) - Still a work in progress.
If you decided to skip the small explanations for each team above, here’s a table for ya, which include each team’s official RPI ranking.
2017 College Crosse Week 13 Power Rankings
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|20||Army West Point||11-4||15||-5||17|
|55||Mount St. Mary's||4-10||54||-1||56|