Another week, another week of craziness and movement across the Power Rankings. As always, let’s get to this week’s rankings and let the disagreements begin to kick start your weekend!
- Rutgers (Last Week: 4) - The lacrosse school is the best lacrosse school this week, but how long will it last?
- Notre Dame (LW: 2) - An overtime win over Virginia in Charlottesville keep the Irish atop as the best team in the ACC.
- Penn State (LW: 5) - The Nittany Lions got another close win, this time against Fairfield.
- Syracuse (LW: 6) - Another one-goal win might cause a ton of stress for players and fans, but a win's a win.
- Ohio State (LW: 13) - Two straight wins against ranked teams, but can they make it three against Notre Dame?
- Denver (LW: 1) - Wow...that’s all I got.
- Albany (LW: 7) - Since the Syracuse game, Albany hasn’t played a very good team, although they would’ve had Maryland had the weather cooperated.
- Hofstra (LW: 12) - The Pride love winning games by one or two goals.
- Maryland (LW: 3) - The Terps do have some problems, and they’re not the same as they were last year.
- Duke (LW: 11) - Duke’s got a big test in the Carrier Dome this weekend against the Orange.
- Army West Point (LW: 10) - The jury is still out on the Black Knights.
- Princeton (LW: 14) - They blew out Penn and look like the best Ivy League team.
- Richmond (LW: 15) - The Spiders started SoCon play off strong with a win over Jacksonville.
- Virginia (LW: 8) - They still don’t have an ACC regular season win in over three years.
- Towson (LW: 16) - Towson went up after not playing a game last week, but blame so many teams losing.
- Johns Hopkins (LW: 17) - The Blue Jays played a good game, but the result doesn’t show it, and need to get a win this weekend against Virginia.
- North Carolina (LW: 19) - UNC had a cakewalk against Dartmouth, but take on a Maryland team in need of a win.
- Boston University (LW: 9) - The Terriers fell to Bucknell, but rebounded nicely with a win over Harvard.
- Loyola (LW: 18) - A blowout win over the Hounds followed by a near loss to Georgetown results in a small slip.
- Michigan (LW: 20) - They take on a pretty good UMBC team in their nonconference finale.
- Marquette (LW: 25) - The Golden Eagles’ schedule and record are starting to not look so bad now.
- Air Force (LW: 24) - A big midweek matchup against Marquette looms ahead.
- Yale (LW: 27) - The Elis are looking much better after losses to Bryant and UMass.
- Binghamton (LW: 28) - The Bearcats are probably the best surprise of the season thus far, simply because nobody thought about Binghamton being even kinda good.
- Delaware (LW: 30) - I think the Blue Hens will hang in there with the Scarlet Knights on Saturday.
- Providence (LW: 26) - Tough loss to Hofstra, but the team bounced back with an easy win over UMass Lowell.
- Brown (LW: 31) - Will the return of Alec Tulett on defense make the Bears a better team?
- Villanova (LW: 34) - Let’s hope the Maryland win isn’t the peak of their season, but they need to continue this type of play for the remainder of the season.
- Penn (LW: 21) - Yikes against Princeton.
- Harvard (LW: 23) - The Crimson were the victims of a hungry Brown team looking for a win, and have lost three straight since starting 4-0 on the season.
- Stony Brook (LW: 22) - Speaking of starting 4-0 and then losing three straight, that’s what Stony Brook has done!
- Robert Morris (LW: 33) - Bobby Mo defeated Sacred Heart, another impressive NEC team, in their conference opener.
- Fairfield (LW: 39) - The Stags are playing decent, but need a little bit more “umph” in order to get some of those close games turned into wins.
- Monmouth (LW: 41) - Monmouth experienced another overtime game, except they won this time.
- Bryant (LW: 29) - I guess the Bulldogs aren’t that good after losing to Mount St. Mary’s?
- Vermont (LW: 35) - Huge loss to Albany, but an even bigger loss with the season-ending injury to Ian MacKay on offense.
- Georgetown (LW: 36) - Two losses to two pretty good teams, and the Hoyas were very much in it against Loyola on Wednesday.
- Hobart (LW: 44) - The scoring touch looks to have returned to Geneva.
- Sacred Heart (LW: 37) - It’ll be a dogfight this year to get the final spot in the NEC Tournament.
- Bucknell (LW: 47) - A nice upset win over BU, but that turned bad quickly with a loss over Villanova.
- Lehigh (LW: 42) - It’s always nice to beat Lafayette in anything.
- Drexel (LW: 43) - The 75th Anniversary unis are fire, no pun intended.
- Marist (LW: 32) - Losses to UMBC, Canisius, and Hartford might be showing who Marist really is.
- Navy (LW: 38) - Injuries are derailing the Midshipmen’s season.
- UMass (LW: 49) - Three straight wins for the Minutemen, but can they keep it up against Brown?
- Hartford (LW: 48) - The Hawks have gained some momentum lately, but it probably won’t be enough to win the America East.
- UMBC (LW: 51) - The Retrievers are starting to look good after a slow start in Ryan Moran’s first year as head coach.
- Cornell (LW: 52) - They finally won a game!!
- St. Joe’s (LW: 40) - A loss to Delaware wraps up a pretty rough nonconference schedule, and Bryant in Rhode Island won’t be an easy win.
- Holy Cross (LW: 46) - They played pretty well against Brown on Tuesday.
- Colgate (LW: 45) - The win over Siena wasn’t anything, but the loss to Cornell outweighs a win over a winless team.
- Furman (LW: 50) - The Paladins earned a blowout win over Bellarmine.
- High Point (LW: 55) - VMI isn’t really anything to brag about.
- Detroit Mercy (LW: 58) - A decent win over Manhattan moves the Titans up a few spots in the rankings at the bottom.
- UMass Lowell (LW: 53) - Definite improvement has been made from the River Hawks, but they still have room for improvement.
- Quinnipiac (LW: 54) - They’ve been huge disappointments this season after they won the MAAC championship a year ago.
- Mercer (LW: 56) - The Bears lost to Air Force, which was expected.
- Canisius (LW: 60) - The Marist win was a nice rebound after Hobart, but they got pummeled by Albany on Tuesday.
- Wagner (LW: 57) - They got obliterated by Hobart in their NEC opener.
- Mount St. Mary’s (LW: 64) - Two straight for the Mountaineers, so you could say that’s a “peak” for them.
- Manhattan (LW: 61) - Tough loss to Detroit Mercy over the weekend.
- St. John’s (LW: 59) - At least Colin Duffy got on SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays!
- Bellarmine (LW: 62) - They don’t look anywhere as good as they sort of were last year.
- Lafayette (LW: 37) - The Leopards lost their annual rivalry game with Lehigh, so their season is over.
- Dartmouth (LW: 65) - The Big Green lost to UNC and Navy and are still not that good.
- Siena (LW: 66) - DidSienaWin.com. (Answer: No)
- Jacksonville (LW: 67) - DidJacksonvilleWin.com. (Answer: No)
- Cleveland State (LW: 68) - Let’s see how they do against Penn State this weekend.
- VMI (LW: 69) - VMI’s ready to keep the SoCon basement clean.
- NJIT (LW: 70) - DidNJITWin.com. (Answer: No)
- Hampton (LW: 71) - Still a work in progress.
If you decided to skip the small explanations for each team above, here’s a table for ya This week, I decided to add each team’s Massey Rating as well.
2017 College Crosse Week 13 Power Rankings
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|20||Army West Point||11-4||15||-5||17|
|55||Mount St. Mary's||4-10||54||-1||56|