This past week was ridiculous, once again. Sorry for the lateness, as the ridiculousness also played in with the snowstorm up in Cuse! So let’s get to this week’s rankings and let the disagreements begin to kick start your weekend!
- Denver (Last Week: 5) - The Pios got a nice buzzer beating win over Notre Dame after a slip up against UNC last week.
- Notre Dame (LW: 1) - Tough loss for the Irish on Sunday, but they’ve shown their one of the elite teams in the nation.
- Maryland (LW: 3) - Lacrosse is a #SpringSport.
- Rutgers (LW: 8) - They’re legit after beating Princeton.
- Penn State (LW: 2) - They’re still undefeated, but their best win is either Penn (who lost to Michigan last week) or Harvard (whom they beat last week).
- Syracuse (LW: 6) - Can you please show up in the second quarter for once?
- Albany (LW: 9) - Lacrosse is a #SpringSport.
- Virginia (LW: 11) - The Cavaliers somehow were down a ton to Cornell, but came from behind in OT to win, and somehow are a top 10 team again.
- Boston University (LW: 12) - Is BU the best team in the Patriot (Marisa thinks so, probably).
- Army West Point (LW: 14) - Army fans might disagree with the statement above.
- Duke (LW: 18) - The Dukies are hot again?
- Hofstra (LW: 20) - Hofstra’s up to their usual fast start, but can they keep it up for the entire season?
- Ohio State (LW: 17) - The Buckeyes are probably legit, but enter their gauntlet portion of their schedule.
- Princeton (LW: 21) - The Tigers aren’t there just yet, but still look like the best team in the Ivy League.
- Richmond (LW: 22) - The Spiders reappeared in some polls and probably will be in everyone’s poll on Monday since they beat UNC.
- Towson (LW: 16) - The Tigers had a great win against Hopkins, but then lost to Ohio State.
- Johns Hopkins (LW: 10) - Hopkins fans are staring at the panic button.
- Loyola (LW: 7) - Loyola’s played very strong opponents this year, but unfortunately, they haven’t won against most of those teams this year.
- North Carolina (LW: 4) - Another slow start for the Heels, but we’ve heard of this story before.
- Michigan (LW: 30) - Oh god, Michigan might be a decently good team.
- Penn (LW: 15) - We still don’t know what to think of Penn.
- Stony Brook (LW: 13) - They got taken apart and thrown around like a rag doll against Rutgers.
- Harvard (LW: 23) - The Crimson got their first loss of the season to Penn State in a close one.
- Air Force (LW: 32) - We haven’t heard a ton of Air Force outside of their first two games, but they’re 4-3 after a win over Detroit Mercy.
- Marquette (LW: 34) - Another questionable team in the Golden Eagles, and open Big East play with a hot Georgetown team next weekend.
- Providence (LW: 33) - A win over Hofstra would be a huge boost for the Friars.
- Yale (LW: 19) - Even with Ben Reeves, the Elis aren’t that good (see UMass and Fairfield last week).
- Binghamton (LW: 42) - Don’t sleep on the Bearcats with Kevin McKeown, who are surprisingly 4-1 on the season.
- Bryant (LW: 24) - They’re a boring 4-4 team with their best win (Yale) starting to not look that good either.
- Delaware (LW: 29) - The Blue Hens are still a pretty good team, even with a loss to a hot Binghamton squad, and have St. Joe’s on Saturday.
- Brown (LW: 27) - Will a long break benefit Bruno, specifically on defense?
- Marist (LW: 28) - A tough 6-4 loss to UMBC raises some questions with an underrated Red Fox team.
- Robert Morris (LW: 25) - America’s Lacrosse Team is starting to skid.
- Villanova (LW: 40) - Can the Wildcats play like their basketball squad did in the second half of last night’s game?
- Vermont (LW: 41) - The loss of Ian MacKay is a brutal loss, which also might mean their AE title chances are bleak.
- Georgetown (LW: 43) - Ever since I crowned them the best winless team in the nation, they’re winning games.
- Sacred Heart (LW: 31) - The Pioneers have had a great start to their season, but how will they fair in NEC play?
- Navy (LW: 26) - The Mids are definitely in panic mode.
- Fairfield (LW: 35) - Stag Nation can’t seem to get things going, and have Penn State later today.
- St. Joe’s (LW: 37) - The Hawks have Delaware to wrap up nonconference play, which hasn’t been kind to the team this year.
- Monmouth (LW: 36) - The other Hawks have three losses on the season, two of which have come in overtime.
- Lehigh (LW: 44) - They did lose to Army, but they kept it pretty close.
- Drexel (LW: 47) - Drexel has also started to win games after starting 0-4.
- Hobart (LW: 38) - When the Statesmen score a lot, they win (most of the time), but when they don’t, they lose, so they should score a ton of goals.
- Colgate (LW: 49) - They’re slightly better than they were last season.
- Holy Cross (LW: 57) - THE CRUSADERS OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!
- Bucknell (LW: 39) - RIP in peace to all of those people who thought the Bison would be a darkhorse team (that includes myself).
- Hartford (LW: 50) - Hartford’s wins have come against Jacksonville (zero wins) and Quinnipiac (one win), so there’s that.
- UMass (LW: 53) - So many teams saw that Reverse Survivor was back and started to win games, like UMass!
- Furman (LW: 48) - The Paladins have played Michigan and Penn State to two-goal margins, and open up SoCon play against Bellarmine.
- UMBC (LW: 54) - The Retrievers begin AE play against a Stony Brook team that’s gonna want to score a ton of goals after they were blown out by Rutgers.
- Cornell (LW: 56) - The Big Red are still winless, but they played Virginia very well out in California.
- UMass Lowell (LW: 53) - The Riverhawks almost had a win over UMass, but they blew that lead late.
- Quinnipiac (LW: 45) - The defending MAAC champions still don’t look like the team they were last year.
- High Point (LW: 46) - The Panthers got blown out by Providence, but hey, at least they have VMI this weekend!
- Mercer (LW: 59) - The Bears edged our favorite team, WAAAAAGGGNNEERR!!!
- Wagner (LW: 60) - WAAAAAGGGNNEERR lost to Mercer by a goal.
- Detroit Mercy (LW: 55) - Manhattan will be a good test for the Titans this weekend.
- St. John’s (LW: 62) - Outside of that first quarter, the Red Storm pounced on the Orange in the final three quarters, but still lost by a goal.
- Canisius (LW: 51) - MAAC play opens up with a good Marist team on Saturday.
- Manhattan (LW: 61) - Seems like Manhattan can only win games in overtime.
- Bellarmine (LW: 55) - They lost to a previously winless team by 11 goals...yikes.
- Lafayette (LW: 68) - THEY WON A GAME!
- Mount St. Mary’s (LW: 67) - THEY ALSO WON A GAME!
- Dartmouth (LW: 63) - Thoughts and prayers for the Big Green as they play UNC tomorrow.
- Siena (LW: 64) - They’re still winless after falling to Bryant in a high-scoring affair.
- Jacksonville (LW: 65) - Losing to Duke by seven isn’t that bad.
- Cleveland State (LW: 66) - Both of their games against D1 teams were cancelled, but they got a win against D3 Wittenberg in a game that was a last-minute addition.
- VMI (LW: 69) - They kept it close against Richmond, losing by only five goals.
- NJIT (LW: 70) - Lafayette still looks like the best chance for the Highlanders to get their first win of the season.
- Hampton (LW: 71) - Still a work in progress.
If you decided to skip the small explanations for each team above, here’s a table for ya.
2017 College Crosse Week 13 Power Rankings
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|Rank||Team||Record||Last Week||Change||NCAA RPI Ranking|
|20||Army West Point||11-4||15||-5||17|
|55||Mount St. Mary's||4-10||54||-1||56|