(Ed. Note: Bolded teams are College Crosse Big Board Certified Dimes (®).
|Rank||Lacrosse Magazine||USILA Poll||Doc_Lunchbox||Inside Lacrosse||Eri_Barrister|
|1||Notre Dame||Denver||Denver||Notre Dame||Denver|
|2||Denver||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Denver||Notre Dame|
(Tied w/Towson for 5th.)
(Tied w/Brown for 5th.)
|10||North Carolina||North Carolina||Rutgers||North Carolina||Johns Hopkins University|
|11||Johns Hopkins University||Johns Hopkins University||North Carolina||Maryland||Duke|
|14||Virginia||Hofstra||Duke||Johns Hopkins University||Villanova|
|17||Boston U||Virginia||Johns Hopkins University||Virginia||Hofstra|
|18||High Point||Stony Brook||Boston U.||Boston U.||Boston U.|
|19||Rutgers||Boston U.||Lehigh||Ohio State||Stony Brook|
|20||Ohio State||Ohio State||Marquette||Stony Brook||Georgetown|
- The Big East Strikes Back. The BEAST didn't have the best start in 2016 (save Denver), however, this was a big weekend for the conference. All 6 teams won on Saturday or Sunday (Marquette lost to OSU on Friday, but had a nice win over Detroit on Sunday) as the Big East had its best weekend of the year so far.
Indeed, despite it being one of the best games of 2016, Denver's OT win over North Carolina might not even be the biggest win of the weekend for the conference. That honor probably has to go to Georgetown, as the Hoyas shocked
everyone not named Eri_Barristerthe world when they beat Hofstra ON THE ISLAND on Saturday.
Shout out to Villanova, the Wild Cats are humming right now. Furthermore, both St. John's (buzzer-beater goal for the Johnnies) and Providence had nice wins on Saturday as well. Really good weekend for the Big East.
- Richmond. Listen .... if you're a BOSS of a big time squad and a SoCon teams calls you and you hear "we'll even play at your stadium," just hang up immediately because it's a trap. SoCon teams can ball and there's a reasonable chance you'll catch an L, even if you're well prepared for the game. If you missed last night's game against Duke, you should really at least read the recap and check out the highlights, as this was a really nice win for the Spiders yesterday.
- THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! OSU had a wonderful weekend. Winning a big one against formerly ranked Marquette on Friday and then turning around to beat a frisky Bellarmine team on Sunday. It was heartwarming to see
more people agree with me that OSU is a top 20 teamthe Buckeyes get the credit they deserve when all the major polls came out on Monday.
When you see OSU on people's top 20. pic.twitter.com/ll1m6G8hPO— blank (@Eri_Barrister) March 7, 2016
- The King of New York. #RRRRRRUUUUUTTTTTTGGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!
- The Ivy. Another strong weekend from the Ivy's Big 4 (Yale/Brown/Harvard/Penn). Yale gave Bryant a bit of a beatdown, Penn beat Penn State by 4, and Brown nearly doubled up UMass.
However the story of the weekend for the Ivy has to be Harvard beating Duke on THE ISLAND on Saturday and I don't just say that because that was my upset pick from last week's podcast.
(Ed. Note: I'm not a monster!!)
- GEORGETOWN!! Look, I'm not here to gloat or anything. I am a
vain and superficialUNPRETENTIOUS and RESPECTFUL elite northeastern media personalityHUMBLE BLOGGER. I don't need to point out that I had the Hoyas in my top 20 last week or that even after their loss to Mount St. Mary's I still felt they had a good chance against Hofstra. No I don't need to do that all. I'm going to be CLASSY about it and move on to the next topic.
- Towson. This is where I am going to gloat. GO TOWSON!!!
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY BEAT PRINCETON AT HOMEWOOD!
Me whenever when Princeton doesn't get the call. pic.twitter.com/23WCnbog4Z— blank (@Eri_Barrister) March 5, 2016