(Ed. Note: Two pods this week!)
Moreover, we got fellow Jersey Boy, Liquid_Smoke, on Wednesday's special College Crossecast New Jersey/Johns Hopkins University Pod!
Now, let's go to the Big Board!
Bolded teams are College Crosse Big Board Certified Dimes ®.
|Rank||Lacrosse Magazine||USILA Poll||Doc_Lunchbox||Inside Lacrosse||Eri_Barrister|
|2||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
|5||Johns Hopkins University||Syracuse||Villanova||Syracuse||Maryland|
|6||Syracuse||Villanova||Maryland||Maryland||Johns Hopkins University|
|7||Maryland||Maryland||Syracuse||Johns Hopkins University||Syracuse|
|8||Villanova||Johns Hopkins University||Albany||Villanova||Villanova|
|9||Duke||Duke||Johns Hopkins University||Towson||Towson|
|11||Albany||Towson||Stony Brook||Duke||North Carolina|
|12||North Carolina||Stony Brook||Marquette||North Carolina||Albany|
|13||Navy||North Carolina||Army||Stony Brook||Stony Brook|
|15||Stony Brook||Loyola||Boston U.||Harvard||Navy|
|16||Harvard||Navy||North Carolina||Army||Air Force|
|20||Boston U.||Air Force||Lehigh||Air Force||Loyola|
Major Guest List News.
- Let's give a warm welcome to Air Force! The Falcons are hot right now and took down High Point on Saturday to earn their first appearance on the Big Board. This was a big week for Army and Navy as well, as both teams made major moves up the polls after big wins against Holy Cross and Loyola, respectively.
- The Almost Dimes. To be an official College Crosse Big Board Certified Dime ®, and get the bold treatment, a team must appear in the top 10 of all 5 polls on the Big Board. We have a consensus on 8 teams, and three almost Dimes (Duke, Albany, and Towson).
Towson is the closest to Dime status, as the Tigers appear in the top 10 on 4 out of 5 Big Board polls. Duke and Albany are right behind them with 3 top 10 appearances each. All three had good weekends (Duke throttled the Hoyas, Albany broke away from Stony Brook, and Towson blew by Furman), but they'll need to keep it up to stay with the other cool kids in the top 10.
- Villanova. I am starting to think Villanova is a really good sleeper pick for Final Four. Nova had the weekend off but took care of Bucknell last week to extend their winning streak to 5 games. The Wildcats have scored the 2nd most goals this year, and are 2nd in total points per game as well.
Moreover, junior star Jake Froccaro leads the nation in goals per game, and is second in points per game. This is a very dangerous team that might really have something special if they can win 3 out of their next 4 versus Fairfield, Brown, Marquette, and Denver.
- Hofstra. Bit of a tumble for the Pride. Hofstra looked good in their win over OSU back on the 12th, but have been on a 2 game losing streak ever since including last Saturday's loss to Providence. Hofstra has a good resume but the Pride must not let their great start go to waste by not preforming well in its upcoming CAA games.
- Providence. Shout out to the Friars on their aforementioned big win over Hofstra. the win on Saturday was the first against a ranked opponent since 2012. The Friars are now 4-3 and have a reasonable chance to make the Big East tournament.
- CAA. Another big weekend for the CAA. Towson got things started with a win over OSU last week and then followed that up with their big win over Furman. Additionally, Fairfield knocked off Colgate, Drexel took care of St. John's, and UMass beat Penn State in Happy Valley.