College Lacrosse News.
- Very interesting older post, linked to LaxPower yesterday by a Jacksonville fan. It explores JU athletics' decision to fully embrace streaming and partner up with ESPN3.
- Lacrosse Magazine previews #2 Denver.
- Shout out, BOSS Simmons!!: Syracuse.Com does a post on the 4 CNY lax BOSSES in the inaugural class of the IMLCA HOF.
- Quint dropped a post in the Baltimore Sun that explores 16 possible story lines for 2016.
- @EdwardLeeSun is putting in WORK this week. First check out his picks for the Final Four this year. Then read his great post about how D1 college coaches are trying to instill a no contact until Sept. 1 of a player's junior year rule for recruiting.
(Ed. Note: Shout out, Haverford School! Additionally, someone call Laurer!)
- Also make sure to check out Lee's post with BOSS John Tillman of Maryland as he gets ready for 2016 and don't forget to read Lee's preview of the 2016 Terps.
- Villanova will be on tv nationally a few times this year.
- Marquette student paper previews the Eagles game against High Point. Additionally, the BU Daily Free Press previews the Terriers game with Providence this weekend.
- Long Island's Newsday lists the top BALLERS to watch in D1 from LI.
- Special shout out to the good people at Lacrosse Magazine for their continuously updated D1 TV Schedules page.
- Inside Lacrosse tries to figure out which squad has the best
What's up, Philly?
- Snap Kitchen is coming to Philly. It is a healthy convenience store from Texas, that's supposed to challenge Wawa for area supremacy.
(Ed. Note: It won't. Wawa is a beast and the People's Champ.)
- Philly chef makes it on to a new Bravo cooking show.
- Today is Wing Bowl here in Philly.
(Ed. Note: May God have mercy on us all.)
- Meet competitor, Molly Schuyler, the "Lebron James of competitive eating."
- Former contestant, Bill "El Wingador" Simmons, fresh off of doing a two year bid, will be co-commentating the event with Philly sports talk radio personality, Angelo Cataldi.
- This is not going to help your rep, guys: Coldplay is happy to play during the Super Bowl halftime show, but the band doesn't know anything about the game/sport.
- R.I.P. Earth Wind and Fire founder Maurice White.
- Sounds about right: McDonald's salad has more calories than a Big Mac.
*Puff of smoke. Eri_B suddenly appears on top of large pile of money.*
Can you believe it, fam? The season starts tomorrow. WE MADE IT! Thanks for sticking with us! We greatly appreciate your support and kind words! We hope you enjoyed everything so far. Make sure to follow the open thread tomorrow as we kick things off on Saturday.
*Eri_B slides down large pile of money*
This country deserves a lit college lacrosse season ... and we're going to give it to them. Whenever there's a big game on TV, swarm your local eateries & hydration stations, and (POLITELY) inform the proprietors that their establishment watches college lacrosse now. This is our Nation.
*Troops pour gasoline on the aforementioned large pile of money. Eri_B lights match.*
Always remember ......