College Lacrosse News:
- And here we ..... go: Pressbox runs through the top Maryland teams in their 2016 season preview.
- Great job, Holy Cross!: The Raiders athletics department ranked sixth in the nation for most community service hours. The men's lacrosse team averaged 26 hours/person, and ranked first among men's lacrosse teams.
- Someone call Matt Lauer!: Syracuse women's program nabs 8th grade lacrosse recruit from Florida.
- Life after (college) lacrosse: Lacrosse Allstars with a nice longread about finding a place (senior club lacrosse programs??) for the vast number of post-collegiate ballers who don't go on to play pro.
- US Lacrosse names the 1950 Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse team as one of the first winners of its new Team of Distinction Award. Official ceremony at #LaxCon.
- No peeking!: Syracuse's Jordan Evans thinks Orange fans are going to be in for a pleasant surprise this year.
- Congrats, Coach!: Former Legendary UMass men's lacrosse head coach, Dick Garber, was inducted into the Western Massachusetts Chapter of the United States Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
What's up, Philly?
- My 2015 NFL waking nightmare continues into 2016: Chip Kelly gets a job with San Francisco and the Eagles are expected to hire offensive coordinator, Doug Pederson.
(Ed. Note: I am taking the news well.)
- Richard Mann is a man's man: 101 year old Minnesota resident, shovels his neighbor's sidewalk and has the internet going nuts.
Happy Charter Day, Notre Dame! 172 years ago today, Notre Dame was formally chartered by the Indiana legislature.
That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!
Also, if you haven't yet, give a "like" to College Crosse over on Facebook and make sure to give a follow@SexyTimeLax on the Twitter machine.