College Lacrosse News:
- Brace yourself, Syracuse is coming: Lindsay Kramer (aka @syrhockey) highlights seven things he took from Syracuse men's lacrosse media day yesterday.
- Boss of one of the major Lacrosse Families speaks to the media: Coach/Boss, John Desko, shares some thoughts on the upcoming season and gives a shout out to some school named Hopkins. 2016 is Syracuse's centennial lacrosse season.
(Note to self: Google "what is the traditional gift for a program that has everything on its 100th season" later today.)
- You want Marquette on that wall, you NEED Marquette on that wall: @Brewtownandy (from AnonymousEagle.com) breaks down MU's upcoming season & the Golden Eagles' "unofficially officially" 21st ranking.
- Reason 2,485 we need Gus Johnson to call college lacrosse games this spring: Team Canada's U19 team took down Team USA in a crazy affair, which included a last second desperation heave to send the game into overtime.
- Check this out!: Just found this cool mini-documentary on the 2015 All Canada Lacrosse Game.
- Nike/Lax Magazine takes a look at a small school from Massachusetts: Nike/LM's previews (#20) Harvard's 2016 season.
What's up, Philly?
- Of course it would be Fireball: Consumer analytics company Nielson and social networking app BARTRENDr, compiled data to figure out what NFL fans are (RESPONSIBLY!!) drinking in their city. Eagles fans love Yuengling and Fireball.
- Your Tinder account is judging you constantly: Tinder collects data on you to calculate your desirability rating.
- Thank god I didn't take SEPTA that day: January 10th was the 15th annual "No Pants Subway Ride Day" around the world. Yea, I don't get it either.
David Bowie News.
- David Bowie loved Philly: Philly.com breaks down Bowie's special relationship with the city of Philadelphia.
- Check out this touching tribute David Bowie's wife, Somalian Super Model Iman, shared the day before he died.
(Ed. Note: I'm from East Africa and let me tell you, David Bowie's a legend in the streets. You hear me? A LEGEND!)
- Anyone else remember when Bowie guest starred on "Extras" with Ricky Gervais? (Video slightly NSFW due to those wacky Brits and their bad language.)
This goes out to the Thin White Duke.
That's it for today. It's cold out there -- BUNDLE UP!!
Also, if you haven't yet, give a "like" to College Crosse over on Facebook and make sure to give a follow@SexyTimeLax on the Twitter machine.