Your accu-weather forecast from College Crosse Doppler 6, the most powerful weather tool ever invented:
- Baltimore, M.D.: Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 46*. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Syracuse, N.Y.: Variable clouds with snow showers. High 31*. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
- Boston, M.A.: Cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day. High near 30*. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Here are your three highlights for today:
- Virginia at Loyola: Movies don't usually start with Jason Statham -- I'm assuming he's in every movie made these days as Jason Statham movies are the only movies I watch -- piloting a stealth fighter through Detroit and opening fire on a guy that's trying to run from Statham after he accidentally knocked over Statham's coffee at Starbucks. Unfortunately, boring crap has to happen first in most movies. There needs to be superficial emotion before the screen turns into a fiery inferno, maybe a gruff phone call with an ex-wife or something. In college lacrosse this season, though, none of that stupid stuff is happening before explosions start: Loyola and Virginia will attempt to bash each other in the face with bricks and it's not even March. How do I feel about that?
- Marquette at Lehigh: You want an upset pick for the first full-ish weekend of the season? This wouldn't be a bad place to start.
- Colgate at Bryant: The Raiders have opened with the Bulldogs in each of the last three seasons and are a perfect 3-0 against Bryant in that time, earning its victories by an average of two goals per game against the mid-major force. Bryant has had its star shine brighter than Colgate's over the last two seasons, but an opening day victory against the Bulldogs in Rhode Island would platform the Raiders well in 2015. The show here is obviously Kevin Massa Eating Souls v. Ryan Walsh Trucking Fools, and whatever unfolds in the mysterious land of Almost Connecticut could stand as the day's best developments.
Here's Saturday's full schedule. Please let me know if there are errors. I'll fix/populate links to live stats and video as the day progresses (if necessary).
|AWAY||HOME||TIME (ET)||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Duke||High Point||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Marquette||Lehigh||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Vermont||Penn State||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Furman||North Carolina||12:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Colgate||Bryant||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Mercer||Boston University||9:30 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|UMBC||Johns Hopkins||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO // ESPNU (2/8)|
|Virginia||Loyola||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Bellarmine||Michigan||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|St. Joseph's||Richmond||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Rutgers||St. John's||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Manhattan||Stony Brook||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Bucknell||Delaware||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Ohio State||Detroit||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Army||Massachusetts||1:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
|Siena||Syracuse||4:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
This is your open thread for Saturday. De-ice your face because lacrosse is happening. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.