A big weekend approaches, the first huge Saturday-Sunday combo in college lacrosse's 2014 effort: Drexel visits Albany in a game that could make the scoreboard explode, Maryland travels to Syracuse for an important early-season ACC game, Harvard shoots west to tangle with Massachusetts at Garber, St. John's heads to New Haven for the nation's best pizza and a key date with Yale, and Penn State will continue its series of knife fights with Notre Dame. It's a solid weekend of mega-impact games, and the weather may or may not cooperate with many of these contests:
- Albany, N.Y.: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Southwest wind 6 to 16 m.p.h.
- Syracuse, N.Y.: Chance of spilled Dome Foam, but otherwise perfect.
- Amherst, M.A.: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest win 6 to 11 m.p.h.
- New Haven, C.T.: Sunny, with a high near 48. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 m.p.h. in the morning.
- South Bend, I.N.: A 10 percent chance of snow before 7 A.M. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind 10 to 15 m.p.h.
Anyway, there is one game today. Here is your highlight:
- Pennsylvania at Duke: You want words on Penn-Duke? Here are words on Penn-Duke. It's Duke's turn to win in the series, but the contrast in styles between the two programs doesn't necessarily mean that the teams' history of trading wins will happen tonight at Koskinen. The Devils already have their legs under them after two early season dates against Jacksonville and Denver, and the Quakers are going to need to charge out of the gate with purpose if it hopes to knock off the number one team in the nation (depending on which poll you look at).
Here's today's full schedule -- it's exactly what's in the bullet point immediately above -- with links to things so that you can monitor the carnage:
|Pennsylvania||Duke||7:00 P.M.||LIVE STATS||VIDEO|
Leave your thoughts about the game or anything else (QUERY: Is the Ivy League fashionably late to the Division I season or can the party now start?) in the comments below.