It's Saturday, boys and girls, and there's lots of lacrosse to watch.
Now, I like me a beer or twenty on a beautiful Saturday. It's just how I celebrate being a freedom-loving, high-fructose-corn-syrup-consuming, red-blooded American. I think there's something about that in the Constitution or Declaration of Independence or something.
I'm just throwing this out there (and it certainly isn't definitive in scope), but here are some brew options you may want to consider on this delightful May day:
- Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale. My standard Saturday go-to beer. A classic style with a fine finish.
- Smuttynose Robust Porter. Deep and rich. Surprisingly easy beer. Another fine offering from an underappreciated New England brewery.
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. That cockamamie show about Dogfish Head has raised the profile of the brewery, but this is probably their best "regular." Do it.
- Sixpoint Righteous Ale. I'm starting to kind of fall in love with Six Point out of Brooklyn. Drink in some beauty.
- Schmaltz Brewing Company He'Brew Genesis Ale. From a higher power, son.
So, pop a cold one and let us know what is your weapon of choice. This is your open thread for the day. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.