GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING, College Crosse Nation!! Thanks for making us a part of your day! Here are your links for April 8, 2018.
What You Missed
VIRGINIA WON AN ACC GAME! And other Saturday games happened, like Jeff Teat scoring 12 points against Harvard.
Saturday was crazy, but so was Friday!
Lacrosse The Nation
Here’s some more recaps of games across the country:
- Boston University-Army West Point (Inside Lacrosse)
- Duke-Notre Dame (Inside Lacrosse)
- Johns Hopkins-Ohio State (Land-Grant Holy Land, The Lantern, The Baltimore Sun, Inside Lacrosse)
- Loyola-Lehigh (The Brown and White, Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse Magazine)
- Marquette-St. John’s (Marquette Wire)
- Navy-Colgate (Capital Gazette, Inside Lacrosse)
- Quinnipiac-Manhattan (The Quinnipiac Chronicle)
- Vermont-UMass Lowell (Burlington Free Press)
- Virginia-North Carolina (Streaking The Lawn, Chapelboro, Inside Lacrosse)
The Streak is dead. Long live The Streak. Congrats to the ‘Hoos.— Days Since UVA Has Won An ACC Lax Game (@DaysSinceUVAWon) April 8, 2018
A new streak also begins:
1— Days Since UVA Has Won An ACC Lax Game (@DaysSinceUVAWon) April 8, 2018
- Boston College-Duke [Women] (BC Interruption, The Heights)
- Loyola-Navy [Women] (Capital Gazette)
- Marist-Quinnipiac [Women] (The Quinnipiac Chronicle)
- North Carolina-Louisville [Women] (Chapelboro)
- Oregon-Arizona State [Women] (Daily Emerald)
- Penn-Dartmouth [Women] (US Lacrosse Magazine)
- Virginia Tech-Syracuse [Women] (Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician)
- Le Moyne-Pace [Division II]
- Bates-Connecticut College [Division III] (Sun Journal)
- RIT-RPI [Division III]
- Salisbury-Cabrini [Division III]
- Tufts-Wesleyan [Division III]
Despite their recent loss to UMBC, Jack and Alex Burgmaster are making the most of their time with the Albany Great Danes, writes Justin Ritzel of The Citizen:
Being the older brother, Jack has taken what he’s learned through three years with Albany and tried to set an example for the younger players, which now includes Alex.
”I think going into freshman year, you take that year and learn how the game translates from high school,” Jack Burgmaster said. “Through my three years you see how it translates. You’re more of a leader and a role model. All the freshman, it’s about getting them adjusted to college lacrosse. It’s a faster pace, faster game and you have to develop a higher lacrosse IQ.”
While Jack credits Alex for picking up his level of play quicker than most freshmen, the younger Burgmaster acknowledges that it was still an adjustment following his career with the Maroons.
”The transition from high school to college is a big change,” Alex Burgmaster said. “It’s the pace of play. If you make any mistake in college, the defense takes advantage and it’s going the other way.
”(Auburn coach Matt Smith) did a great job of getting us ready for this level. Most freshmen are pretty timid, but I was lucky to have my brother to look up to and get comfortable.”
This is still great to watch:
#ICYMI: You're gonna wanna see this! Congrats to Noelle Lambert! Wicked Blue missed you. #SCtop10 @espn @espnw @AmericaEast @TheEllenShow @NCAA @NESN @NBCSBoston pic.twitter.com/ePKJtx5m8u— UMass Lowell WLax (@RiverHawkWLax) April 7, 2018
Philly sports continue to be on the way up! With a 5-0 win over the Rangers yesterday, the Flyers are in the playoffs!
The Trump Tower caught on fire.
Video of the Day
What does the decline of shopping malls mean for America?
That’s it for today!! I’ll see you out there!! Make sure you follow us on social media!
iTunes: College Crossecast
Facebook: College Crosse
Managing Editors: Safe Fekadu, Chris Jastrzembski, Ryan McDonnell