New episodes of Across College Lacrosse are here!
This edition is a special two-part edition from the floor of the IMLCA Convention in Baltimore, Maryland this past weekend with four interviews in all.
In part 1, I sat down with legendary Cornell Big Red head coach Richie Moran and discussed with him his long career in coaching. We first met Thursday night at the Jack Sandler Leadership Foundation Dinner where coach Moran was the keynote speaker at the event. The dinner was a great event to honor a great person in Jack Sandler and celebrate supporting the sport for less advantaged student-athletes to attend high level lacrosse camps. A big thanks to Navy Midshipmen associate head coach Ryan Wellner for the last minute invite. He’s also a very good auctioneer. You can also donate to the foundation here.
In part 2, I sat down with three current coaches, two head coaches and one assistant (the first on the program). Towson Tigers head coach Shawn Nadelen, Fairfield Stags head coach Andy Copelan and Monmouth Hawks assistant Marc Zolchonock discuss their team’s upcoming seasons as well as aspects of coaching.
The overall convention was a great experience to learn more about the sport of lacrosse and aspects of the game, as well as networking with vendors and other coaches in person and not through a computer.
Part 1 Interview
- Richie Moran (6:09) (also buy his book!)
Part 2 Interviews
- Shawn Nadelen (3:02)
- Andy Copelan (22:54)
- Marc Zolchonock (39:15)
Listen to our podcasts!
Listen to our other podcast, the College Crossecast, which should be dropping a new episode very soon!
SUPPORT COLLEGE CROSSE
- Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official Across College Lacrosse iTunes feed. Please rate the show (5 stars, duh!) and leave a review. The feedback really helps us grow as a podcast, but also as a lacrosse site and as a lacrosse community. If you leave a good or funny five star review, it will be read on the show.
- Want to advertise on one of our podcasts? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow College Crosse on Twitter: @College_Crosse.
- Follow College Crosse on Instagram: @College_Crosse.
- Like College Crosse on Facebook.
- Follow Across College Lacrosse on SoundCloud.
- Rate Across College Lacrosse on Stitcher and leave a review.
- Listen to the podcast on Anchor, Google Play, and TuneIn.