The USILA released the intitial coaches poll today and Syracuse earned top billiing with four first-place votes and 240 total points. There was more dissention in the coaches poll compared to the preseason media poll, with three teams besides the Orange -- North Carolina (four); Duke (four); and Maryland (one) -- earning first-place ballots. Here's the full poll:
Also receiving votes: Harvard; Fairfield; Towson; Drexel; Massachusetts; Bryant; Hofstra; Air Force; Stony Brook; Army; Navy
The conference breakdown was as follows: ACC (six); Ivy League (four); Patriot League, Big East (three); CAA, ECAC, America East, and Independent (one). The ACC put all six of its members in the top seven of this poll; only the existence of Denver -- ranked fourth -- kept the ACC from sweeping the top of the tally.
- NCAA Lacrosse Preseason Media Poll Released
- 2014 College Lacrosse Preview: College Crosse's Preseason Rankings
- 2014 College Lacrosse Preview: How Strong is the Preseason Media Poll at Predicting the NCAA Tournament?
- 2014 College Lacrosse Preview: The Look of a Champion
- Duke Tops Face-Off Yearbook Preseason Rankings