July is in the books and that means only one thing: We're one month closer to discovering that Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was a documentary and that Willy Wonka is a domestic terrorist with far too much dangerous technology at his disposal. So, that's . . . something.
Other than that, it's time to recap 10 of the bigger and better stories that graced this fine Internet real estate over the last 31 days. Let's get it.
2012 Is Only Over When We Say It Is!
The 2013 fall ball season is still a month or so away; there's only one thing to do in the interim -- relive the 2013 spring season until we can fully turn our attention to the 2014 season and the face-melting that it will surely bring:
Death, Taxes, Conference Realignment, and the Eventual Robot Revolution
The Northeast Conference moved toward Independence Day with five teams and an uncertain future. Before the league could even shoot fireworks into the sky and risk the totality of fingers on its collective hands, the league went ahead and added Hobart and St. Joseph's, ensuring the conference's future for the foreseeable future. Not to be outdone, the Atlantic Sun plucked Bellarmine out of the crumbling ECAC and rounded out its membership roll with a nice tent pole program to build around.
- Conference Realignment: Northeast Conference Adds St. Joseph's
- Conference Realignment: Hobart to the Northeast Conference
- Conference Realignment: Bellarmine Joins the Atlantic Sun Conference for the 2015 Season
- Conference Realignment: The Impact of the Bellarmine and St. Joseph's Moves
Are You New Here?
There were three head coaching vacancies open in Division I in July: Hobart, Sacred Heart, and Massachusetts-Lowell. If you haven't heard from these three schools, I have bad news for you -- You didn't get the job. Try harder next time, jerk:
- Princeton's Raymond Named Hobart's New Head Coach
- Habemus Coacham!: Sacred Heart Hires Hartford's Jon Basti
- Massachusetts-Lowell Names Ed Stephenson First Head Coach
Stuff that was stuff that you can't stuff any place else: