June is in the books and that means only one thing: We're one month closer to the moon sending a "Dear John" letter to Earth, announcing its intention to shack up with Venus because it thinks that it has a better orbital future with that planet. So, that's . . . something.
Other than that, it's time to recap 10 of the bigger and better stories that graced this fine Internet real estate over the last 30 or so days. Let's get it.
I'm Over Here Now!
Everyone keeps staring into the abyss of conference realignment and assuming that it won't stare back at them:
- Conference Realignment: Bellarmine, Air Force Reportedly Seeking Atlantic Sun Membership
- Conference Realignment: Fairfield to the Colonial Athletic Association?
- What Imaginary Six-Team League Could Challenge the ACC?
- Conference Realignment: Which League is Winning?
- A More Perfect Union
- A Lacrosse Primer for Big Ten Fans
Ain't Got No Job!
When Memorial Monday and the week that followed came and went without a school announcing a head coaching vacany, it felt as if this offseason wouldn't have much movement with respect to coaching changes. It took until mid-June for that thought to fizzle, with Hobart looking for a replacement for T.W. Johnson and Sacred Heart parting ways with Tom Mariano:
Stuff that was stuff that you can't stuff any place else: