February is in the books and that means only one thing: We're one month closer to understanding life's biggest secret: Big Toilet Paper runs our lives, which is why we will all be eating gravy-flavored potato chips in the near future. So, that's . . . something.
Other than that, it's time to recap 10 of the bigger and better stories that graced this fine Internet real estate over the last 28 days. Let's get it.
Conference Realignment Always Wants Top Billing
The only people that get excited about conference realignment in the middle of lacrosse season are people that should have their heads removed. Unfortunately, those same people that should have their heads removed are usually the agenda-setters and decision-makers in college athletics, forcing us, the Proletariat that just wants to watch games, to only threaten to remove their heads. I think this is why the raid on Harpers Ferry happened.
- Conference Realignment: How Strong is the Big Ten with Johns Hopkins?
- Conference Realignment: Atlantic Sun to Sponsor Men's Lacrosse in 2014, "Southern Conference" Finally Realized
- Conference Realignment: The Atlantic Sun Lacrosse Conference and the "Who's Winning?" Leaderboard
- UMass-Lowell Adds Men's Lacrosse, Joins America East
High Point Beats Towson, Heads Explode
When the Panthers, in only their second game as a Division I program, beat the Tigers in early February, a simple thought ran through my mind: "Huh?" It was almost inexplicable, and then I explained it a little bit and another thought ran through my mind: "You're hungry."
New Rules Have Created an Extra Flag
To me, this isn't a big deal. To former Maryland and Loyola head coach Dave Cottle, it is a big deal. I think this will all even out in the end as coaches, players, and officials adjust to the new regime now in place, but there has been a bit of an adjustment so far this year.
- Referee Activity and the New Rules: Small Increases in Flags, Extra-Man Scenarios, and Penalty Minutes
Stuff that was stuff that you can't stuff any place else.