What was a bigger day took a shot to the chops thanks to Nemo. Drats.
Does anyone have 40 tons of rocket fuel and a match? Looking to find a way to remove snow without, you know, actually exerting physical effort. Asking for a friend.
As is tradition around here for the first few weekends of the year:
- New York City, NY: Saturday (High: 32; Low: 17 -- Slight Chance of Snow)
- Baltimore, MD: Saturday (High: 40; Low: 27 -- Clear)
- Syracuse, NY: Saturday (High: 20; Low: 4 -- Snow Likely)
- Boston, MA: Saturday (High: 23; Low: 10 -- End of the Earth)
- Durham/Chapel Hill, NC: Saturday (High: 53; Low: 29 -- Clear)
Your highlights -- and the complete schedule -- for Saturday:
- Denver at Duke: I'll just say this: I'm so excited for this game that I've already removed my pants. Not only is this one of those games that develops the picture of Division I lacrosse for 2013, but it has all kinds of potential to be played at 70,000 miles per hour.
- Penn State at Michigan: This is built purely on curiosity -- Do the Nittany Lions have an offense to support what should be one of the stronger defenses in THUNDERDOME! and how will the Wolverines acquit themselves at the sunrise of Year Two? With High Point knocking off Towson last night, anything is possible in Ann Arbor, but it'd still take a Herculean effort from Michigan to knock off Penn State.
- Bucknell at Delaware: 10-man ride, yo.
|Bellarmine||Robert Morris||12:00 P.M.||N/A||N/A|
|Penn State||Michigan||1:00 P.M.||N/A||N/A|
|Detroit||Ohio State||1:00 P.M.||N/A||N/A|
This is your open thread for Saturday. Just assume the mountain of snow that used to be your car is some kind of performance art and ignore it. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.