Evan Habeeb-US PRESSWIRE
The season is here! And I'm fighting the flu or food poisoning or an alien trying to eat its way outside of me!
The season is finally here, you guys. This is pretty wonderful in a very not miserable way. It's been around 250 (!!!!) days since college lacrosse last played a real game with consequences and whistles and people in the stands and everything. That's a painfully long time to go without some ripped rope and pregame handshakes. Most importantly, though, it means that I no longer need to come up with offseason content, which is just about the greatest news I've heard since, "It's not your baby."
As is tradition around here for the first few weekends of the year:
- New York City, NY: Saturday (High: 29; Low: 25 -- Light Snow Likely)
- Baltimore, MD: Saturday (High: 32; Low: 29 -- Snow Likely)
- Syracuse, NY: Saturday (High: 21; Low: 16 -- Light Snow Likely)
- High Point, NC: Saturday (High 44; Low: 30 -- Blood Falling From The Sky)
It could be worse, I suppose. We could all be forced to eat turkey bacon instead of regular bacon while paying attention to these games, a punishment not unlike having your head removed for cleaning.
Highlights for Saturday:
- Delaware at High Point: It's the only Division I game this weekend that counts, so it automatically earns highlight treatment. (Default! Default! Default!) The Panthers are opening their first campaign ever at the NCAA's highest level and the Blue Hens are looking to get off on the right foot after a somewhat disappointing 2012 season. The outcome is likely going in Delaware's favor, but how Jon Torpey's team competes today is mucho importante, si?
|Delaware||High Point||1:00 P.M.||N/A||N/A|
If you're more into following the big slate of scrimmages today, this is your beat courtesy of LaxPower:
|February 2nd||1:00 P.M.||Albany||Colgate||Albany, NY|
|11:00 A.M.||Bucknell||Towson||Lewisburg, PA|
|2:45 P.M.||Bucknell||Hobart||Lewisburg, PA|
|12:00 P.M.||Drexel||Rutgers||Newark, DE|
|10:00 A.M.||Hartford||Bryant||West Hartford, CT|
|TBA||Hartford||St. John's||West Hartford, CT|
|1:00 P.M.||Jacksonville||Tampa||Jacksonville, FL|
|1:00 P.M.||Massachusetts||Siena||Amherst, MA|
|1:00 P.M.||Mercer||Florida Southern||Macon, GA|
|1:00 P.M.||Michigan||Marquette||Ann Arbor, MI|
|4:30 P.M.||Michigan||Denison||Ann Arbor, MI|
|12:00 P.M.||North Carolina||Loyola||Chapel Hill, NC|
|2:00 P.M.||Notre Dame||Detroit||South Bend, IN|
|3:30 P.M.||Ohio State||Robert Morris||Columbus, OH|
|11:30 A.M.||Ohio State||Syracuse||Columbus, OH|
|12:00 P.M.||Pennsylvania||Maryland||Philadelphia, PA|
|2:00 P.M.||Pennsylvania||Rutgers||Philadelphia, PA|
|1:00 P.M.||Penn State||Johns Hopkins||University Park, PA|
|TBA||Sacred Heart||Lafayette||Fairfield, CT|
|TBA||Sacred Heart||Merrimack||Fairfield, CT|
|TBA||St. John's||Bryant||West Hartford, CT|
|1:30 P.M.||Syracuse||Robert Morris||Columbus, OH|
|1:00 P.M.||Towson||Hobart||Lewisburg, PA|
|12:00 P.M.||UMBC||Bellarmine||Baltimore, MD|
|12:00 P.M.||Vermont||St. Michael's||Burlington, VT|
|12:00 P.M.||Villanova||Stony Brook||Villanova, PA|
|12:00 P.M.||Virginia||Navy||Charlottesville, VA|
This is your open thread for Saturday. I'm going to chug Pepto Bismol until I sneeze pink. People will be around to yak about whatever is tickling their fancy.